Hiatus Update 2.0

I've been working hard. Working hard to come back here to this little space on the internet that I call home. I'm not working hard for anyone other than myself. I miss writing. I miss the calm I feel after putting my thoughts to "paper". It clears my head and offers perspective. It gives me a chance to mark this time in history for Kate.
I started feeling like my writing was taking on too much of a "poor me" feel. I felt like I was getting stuck. I had to step away. Take some time, figure out what I wanted. Make sure, I kept writing from my heart.

I've got a stock pile of things that I want to share. Lots of great photos. Some fabulous Kate escapades.
But right now, I'm just trying to get through the next few days. Eight years ago tonight, Scott and I were having our wedding rehearsal. Gathering most of our wedding party and family and preparing to walk down the aisle, two days later.
Scott and I always took time out of today to remember those moments before the wedding. Always, even last year. Seems like we told the same stories every year. But they were our stories. Stories that I want to hear again this year but can't bring myself to share.
As Kate pointed out today while we were carving pumpkins, "This was more fun last year when Daddy helped."
So for now... deep breath in, deep breath out.
Kate's school party and trick or treating tomorrow. Then Tuesday... eight years. I'll find some way to memorialize it. I'm just now sure how.

Post a Comment