Happy Birthday Paula

You are the best mother in law a girl could ever ask for. No that's not sarcasm because we've never met, it's the truth.
You raised a fine young man. You gave him a moral compass, and a strong sense of compassion, empathy and humor. Your presence has always been felt in our home, though I feel it a little less with Scott gone. I'm sure you've been rejoicing in having him with you once again. Knowing the four of you are together offers such tremendous comfort to me.
Scott always told the story how you grew up thinking that the fireworks were just for you. That you belived all the celebrating was to honor your birth. The story always made me smile. I told Kate the story this morning, I'll keep telling her the story too so she can pass it on to her kids one day.
Your grace, wisdom, love and humor continue on this earth, just as your sons' does.

We love you. Tell Scott to try to sing on key this time.
Happy Birthday Grandma Paula!

BigDan  – (July 4, 2011 at 7:41 AM)  

No wonder Scott was a drummer... he didn't have to carry a tune!

Lindsey @ The Hill House  – (July 4, 2011 at 8:28 AM)  

My husband's dad passed away when my husband was just 7. But like you, I know his dad was an amazing man just based on how he raised his son and what he instilled in him that I still see today. I hope you and Kate have a great day!

Post a Comment