So Much Fun!

Or not. We had a monster, wind driven, tree uprooting, debris flying, whopper of a storm this morning. We lost power around 730am and now its 730pm (wow how did I do that) and we still don't have power.
My parents have power so Kate is hanging with them tonight. I'm home with a generator running keeping my freezer cold. Soon I will unplug the freezer and plug in the fridge and after that I'm sure I'll plug in my phone for a bit too. Don't judge me. I'm a phone junkie and my kid is 40minutes away.
I'm really lucky to have been able to borrow the generator. I know there are so many people around these parts that aren't that fortunate. Another lucky bit, is that it hasn't been raining much since this morning so my sump pump hasn't needed to run.
A bit of unlucky though, we're being told 3-4 days before power is restored. Its a huge group of people without power so it must be a gigantic problem. Either that or the power company guys are too busy drinking coffee and reading Playboy magazine.
I'll be spending the night here so I can tend to the homestead. The weather guys (the same ones that said the storm this morning was small) are calling for a chance of rain. Keeping the basement from flooding trumps my desire for air conditioning, television, a warm shower and a decent nights sleep.
I've heard that this storm rolled through a large part of the country today. I certainly hope there is nobody seriously affected.
This too shall pass.
Now, I'm going to do something I haven't done in ages, I'm going to curl up with my book, during day light hours and read. Woohoo!


Please forgive any typos you may find. This Blackberry blog posting stuff stinks.

Colleen  – (July 12, 2011 at 8:19 AM)  

Glad you are safe but what a mess that sounds like!

Nicole  – (July 12, 2011 at 6:41 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole  – (July 12, 2011 at 6:42 PM)  

I'm glad you're ok! I hope tonight is uneventful!

Post a Comment