Please, oh please, oh please...

I'm crossing my fingers (I would do my toes too but I have a serious aversion to feet) that my intenet holds out long enough for me to actually finish a post. Seems like every time I sit down to get on-line my internet lasts about 5 minutes and then it dies. Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE Comcast?

All of the photos for tonight I took Friday evening when I spent some time listening to the almost (ok not at all) famous Dick Banjo Orchestra. Lovingly referred to as DBO.

There is something about being with Scott's boys that brings me comfort. They get it. They know. They've picked up the phone to call him. They've started emails. They miss his humor. They miss his heart.

Aside from the mutual heartache, I can hear his laughter when I'm with his brothers. It's really the only time I can hear it anymore. We had plenty of laughs. Or was it him telling me awful jokes while laughing and me rolling my eyes? I can't recall which. Probably a little of both.

I have finally declared the area formerly known as "the jungle" to be once again a yard. Dad and I tackled the last little bit of it this weekend. It feels so good to get it done.

One small glitch in my transformation project. The bush (more tree like) that needed the most trimming is housing a mama robin and her two little babies. So there sits the bush (tree thing) over grown, unsightly and at the front of the house.

Watching the mama and babies has been such a great learning experience for Kate.
She came up to me tonight while I finished preparing some blueberry scones for tomorrows breakfast and asked me if the robin babies were twins.
Yep, that was fun.
She just won't be pacified with easy answers anymore. She needs to know why the robins come from eggs and why she came from my belly. That transitioned into "why don't I have a twin?" "I want to be a twin." and my personal favorite "I want there to be a baby in your belly so I can have a brother or sister." Did I mention this was while I was making scones? How much you want to bet those scones aren't very tasty.

She's been a little obsessed with babies in bellies lately. Our dear friends Nicole and Joe, proud parents to Brandon (whom you've seen here before), welcomed baby Derek Matthew 8lbs 12oz and 21inches long to their family this morning. It was a planned c-section so when we left the pool on Friday having spent the afternoon with Brandon and Nicole we knew it would be the last time we saw them before the baby was born. Kate asked all weekend if the new baby was here yet and literally squealed with delight when I told her Derek had finally arrived.

I don't know how it's possible but I swear I love that little girl more every day. She's getting so big and so smart. Watching her grow up is absolutely the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to me.

Nicole  – (July 22, 2011 at 3:57 PM)  

Love.

And your aversion to feet includes your own feet? interesting.

Post a Comment