The Journey

Our life together has been an incredible journey. A modern day fairy tale of sorts.

I have spent so many days the last six months feeling completely alone. Grieving the loss of you in ways I never dreamed imaginable. My emotions, thoughts and clarity all swinging widly from one moment to the next. I've had times when it felt like I had forgotten you already. Times when I couldn't hear your voice or feel your hand in mine. I fretted and worried that those days were going to become the norm. That one day I would wake up and you would just have disappeared from memory.

When today started with this on the floor.

Kate's purple Tylenol somehow spilled in the shape of a smiley face.

And then when we got in the car and this song was the first thing on the radio.

I knew you were with us. I felt closer to you all day today than I have in the last six months. You were somehow right at the edge of my conciousness all day. Almost like if I spun around fast enough I would be able to catch a glimpse of you.

An afternoon at "Daddy's lake", with a crispness in the air, the softest breeze off the lake and the biggest, brightest sky I've ever seen. We talked about you. We remembered you. We loved you.

I may walk down the path alone now but this is still our journey. This is still our story. Everywhere Kate and I are, you will always be.


You are loved. You are missed. You are honored.

Always,
B.

PS- If it's not too much to ask, can you please stay just a little closer everyday? I need you.

Anonymous –   – (September 16, 2011 at 11:35 AM)  

This gave me chills, Brandi. Giving you some extra thoughts and love this week.

Post a Comment