Sentences and an annoucement

Time still keeps flying by. It's hard to believe how much we've done this summer and it's only August.

We've made new friends that feel like old friends.

And we've spent good time with old friends that have been missed.

You just can't argue that magic.

It's hard to adjust to the fact that life has moved on.

Kate's had her first dance class session begin and end since he left us.

I know he watched every practice from heaven. I just wish I could have seen the look on his face.

I can picture it though. So proud, so loving, so hopeful.

Kate asked me today when she could have a baby in her belly. I told her she had to wait until she was 29. So at nap time today she asked Scott "Daddy, you think I can have a baby in my tummy sooner. You show mommy I can have it when I'm 6, maybe."
Little does she know Daddy was mad at me for not making it 33 before she could have a baby.

I struggle every day with doing what he would want for her. I want to make sure his legacy lives on, not just in my heart and Kate's but in the world. Scott's capacity to love and enjoy all that life has to offer was his gift. Those of us that were blessed enough to know him, know that Scott would want the music to carry on. For the lives of all of us to move forward, find love, be loved and enjoy the moment.

To honor him we're joining forces with Mark and Jay'me and sponsoring the Scott Witt memorial Jackson Fest.
You all may remember the bash the party the festivities, that Scott and I had last year at our house. Well, that idea was borrowed from Mark and Jay'me.
For years they have been the hosts to Jackson Fest. A backyard event with food, family, a bounce house and live music. All the things that Scott loved most.
So this year, we're helping out. We're happy to be part of the event. Doing what Scott would love for us to do.

So save the date. Mark the calenders.
Saturday August 13th.
Come honor Scott. Come love like Scott loved and join the family.
Specific times, address (northern Illinois) and band information to follow.

This years Jackson Fest is a charity event. We'll be collecting donations. All the proceeds from the day will be given to EDNF. A charity organization that supports Ehlers-Danlos research, families, cures, and treatment.

Get your butts in gear. Get the day off. Get a sitter for bedtime. It's only 12 days away.
We encourage everyone to attend (even you blog stalkers that think you go unnoticed ;) ). But please remember that this is some one's home, behave accordingly.

Who's in? Who's down? Who's joining the cool crowd?

Nicole  – (August 1, 2011 at 10:28 PM)  

I hope you all have a blast! I'll be photographing awesome roller derby that day. <3

Sharon  – (August 1, 2011 at 11:18 PM)  

I wish I could hop on a plane and come! I'm sure it will be absolutely amazing. I know you will have a blast in Scott's honor.

Craig –   – (August 2, 2011 at 9:57 AM)  

It's time to light the Jackson!

missy dappen  – (August 2, 2011 at 7:53 PM)  

LOVE the pics- Kate looks like she had a great time. Who'd she get her dancing skills from ;-)

I have my niece's 10th birthday party in Bloomington on the 13th, but maybe we can try to get back early? I REALLY want to be there, but if we can't make it, I'll need to get your address for a donation. Either way, I will fully be there in spirit!

Sending lots of love your way!

Post a Comment