Thank You!

I've been compiling all the things I want to say about the big party. I decided that for tonight the thing I needed to say the most was,

thank you, gracias, dank u, merci, tanke, danke, shukriya, barkl.....

First off to my wonderful family - Mom, Dad, Aunt Lynn, Uncle LaVerne, Kris (imported for the party from beautiful California). I shall call them my party prep minions. They worked their butts off to get everything ready. In the 90 degree heat they worked tirelessly and didn't strangle me when the stress had me reaching my breaking point.

Second, to the back up minions - Josh and brother Justin, who acted as my legs and ran around for the final pick up items.

Third- Hawnkefunk - you boys rocked the stage. We were so grateful to have you spend part of your holiday weekend with us.
Special deluxe shout out to Mark Stevens for his rendition of the Pearl Jam song Just Breathe.
Hearing this song, in that moment means more to us than can ever be expressed in words. The photo of Scott and I posted yesterday was taken as we listened.

Mark, you gave us a moment together during all that madness to let the words spoken in this song wash over us. I cannot thank you enough. For many years to come I will hold that moment in my heart.


Forth- To all of our fabulous guests. So many people, it was overwhelming at times. So much laughter and love. I wish I could have spent more time with each of you. Sometimes in parties this size you end up feeling like you never got a good chance to visit with anyone. The few moments I had with all of you brings joy to my healing heart.
And all of the food! My goodness, we have quite the culinary group of friends. Thanks for sharing.

Fifth and most importantly - My husband and my beautiful daughter. It is for you that I breathe. Seeing the laughter and the tears on your faces made it all worth it.




photo credit to Scott Laudick

Praying for a quiet week with some much needed rest. Lots more photos to come.
If you took photos at the party please send them our way (email link on the left side of the screen). I'm making a photo book with all the pictures from the day. We know there will be more hospital days in our future and a huge book with all the snapshots from this glorious day will lift our spirits.

Craig –   – (June 1, 2010 at 10:19 AM)  

Certainly wish I could have been there...hope everyone had a blast! it seems like it was a great time!
Craig

Scott  – (June 1, 2010 at 11:25 AM)  

Thanks so much Witt family. It was an awesome party and I think I speak for everyone when I say it was a smashing success. We has a fantastic time!

Post a Comment