Procrastination

I am the Queen of procrastination. There may be nobody on the earth as terrific as I am at putting off the things I don't want to do. It's a little known talent of mine.

Allow me to share a few 'tricks of the trade' with you.

Don't want to make the "bring with" list for tomorrow?
Clean the house. The windows are dirty. There are two dishes in the sink. Almost enough clothes for a half load of laundry so that MUST be tackled. Time to organize my socks.
Correspond with others. Return emails and messages that have been sitting in your in box for weeks. Over share on Facebook. Surf the web for new camera gear that you have no intention of buying.
Take your kid to a free church sponsored festival. It doesn't matter that it's 60degrees, cloudy, rainy and the place is a muddy, swamp pit.
Enlist all your friends to join you at the "event". You know your kid will stay longer if she has friends. As an added bonus, you'll have friends to chat with and more kids to help corral.

See, three easy steps, to putting things off. I will admit I have a mental list that reads something like this.
hamburgers and hot dogs - check
buns - check
condiments - check
ice cream - check
paper plates, forks etc - check
Captain Morgan - check
tissues -
Scott's ashes -
screw driver to open the box holding Scott's ashes -
strength -
courage -


Any thoughts on what one should wear to spread her husbands ashes at his favorite lake with his best buddies? Hmmm... you don't know either huh? Crap.

I'll leave you with a funny picture from the free festival Kate and I went to tonight. We were lucky enough to meet with the S12 family. The kids had a blast.


I can't wait to share the rest of the pictures with you. Seriously, cute stuff. In fact, I better edit all 150 of them tonight. I don't have anything else I should be doing. Right?

BigDan  – (June 11, 2011 at 7:05 AM)  

Have a peaceful day as you bring Scott's ashes to their final resting place. His final resting place is in your and Kate's hearts.

Jill –   – (June 12, 2011 at 8:13 AM)  

I was at the free church event. Wish I had seen you there. Let me know if you ever want to get together. Haven't seen you since PHS and our kids are only a few weeks apart in age :)

Post a Comment