Fresh

I am a midwest girl. I love the changing of the seasons, the different temperatures, the different colors, the chance for violent storms. I couldn't be a Naples Florida girl. I would tire of the sun, and standard 80degrees. Don't get me wrong that sounds delightful right about now but in my chest beats a midwest, apple pie, 4 seasons, small town heart.
I will say, I prefer my winters to be the snowy kind. I'm not a fan of gray, slop or brown, dead, yuck. If I'm going to be freezing my tushy off I should at least be able to see something beautiful.
I was so lucky today, I got to immerse myself in the snow. Endless amounts of snow. The snowiest drive I've ever made. More snow than I can even count (though if I had to guess I would say about 2' in most places). Even luckier for me, I got to enjoy it in my happy place. The place that feeds my soul like no other. The place where I can breathe deeply. The place where I can find the courage, strength, love and patience to carry on.


Even with the usually 4 hour long journey (round trip) taking over 6 hours, I feel rejuvenated.
I think we all need to find that "thing" that can take away our worries, even if it's only for a day. If you've read this blog long enough, or known me long enough, you know after a "crisis" I tend to run. I run away from everything. I do whatever I can to completely escape. Stepping back gives me perspective. I can see things better again.
It's so easy to lose the love of life when it seems like all you get is one kick after another. Going away, cleanses me,washing away the toxins and allows me to feel the love again.

2011 has been a rough year already. I needed to put the first 16 days of the year behind me. Starting today January 17, 2011 I will have faith that things can and will get better. I will once again open my heart, my eyes and my soul to what the world has to give me.

Thank you all for the continual love and support you offer. The outpouring of care you all have shown me following my breast post has overwhelmed me.


Someone asked me today if I made a resolution this year. She went on to tell me how she had broken her resolution by January 2nd. Makes me wonder... What was your resolution and have you broken it yet?


Don't you love my badass new hat? Walgreens $7. Can't beat it.

Alli –   – (January 17, 2011 at 11:29 PM)  

sigh...loved reading this one ;)

Colleen  – (January 18, 2011 at 12:50 PM)  

Great post! Glad you feel the way you do. You've been through alot and deserve the best!!!

Nicole  – (January 19, 2011 at 4:25 PM)  

Thanks for supporting my company, it's a fabulous hat! ;) I'm glad to hear you're pulling out and looking ahead. I'm praying for some super duper stellar days for you!

Post a Comment