I get by with

a little help from my friends.


Kate and I had a little playdate with the Adam and Ryan today so Alli could get a little break from life's responsibilities.

We all need them. A chance to escape whatever is going on in our lives, even if the escape is only for an hour.

A friend has to see when their friend is in need of a break. Has to listen to their cries or if you're friends with me read their rants (I am a strong believer in the text message for those that don't know me in the real world).

The kids played and shared. Working together and having fun. Kate played "mama" and kept everyone following the rules.

She continues to amaze me. Everyday this little wonderful face surprises me with something. In between making herself a princess using her magic wands (her thumbs) she managed to help me in a mini-crisis.

Getting Scott out of bed this afternoon his leg (the bad one) spontaneously and with flourish, started bleeding. I'm not talking "oops got the bandages a little bloody". I'm talking "holly hell, I'm bleeding through ABD's, gauze wrap, ace bandages and ruining the cream colored floor.
I exhausted our rather extensive closet of medical supplies getting it to stop. A little time, lots of pressure and lots of gauze, got things under control.
Not wanting to leave Scott unattended but needing to restock some basics, I called in a friend. Well texted in a friend, really. Anyway, Scott L (aka S12) was happy to run to CVS (Sorry Nicole, Walgreens is farther away) and get us restocked.

During this entire event, Kate was unfazed. She just wanted to put on gloves and help.

In lots of ways, I feel so overwhelmed, under prepared, exhausted, stressed and ready to lose it. But in so many other ways, I feel blessed, grateful and so thankful.

And as I proof reading this post and getting ready to hit send. I was absentmindedly chewing on a straw and broke off my temporary crown on my tooth. If you'll all excuse me, I'm going to go beat my head into the wall. For fucks sake.

BigDan  – (January 20, 2011 at 6:26 AM)  

The last picture on your post makes it worth it...

Colleen  – (January 20, 2011 at 10:14 AM)  

Yikes! I hate the crown issues. been there!

love, love and love that picture of Kate - the last one.

Nicole  – (January 25, 2011 at 6:35 PM)  

In proof that I will eventually read every blog that you post, thanks for the shout out. This was an emergency. I blame walgreens for not being closer to YOU. And i really wish you could get a different kind of break. Not the tooth kind, but the everything goes great for at least a week kind.

Post a Comment