Operation Do More

Thanks to those of you that shared your kind words of experience. We all are guilty of thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.
I did find it fascinating that many of my thirty-something friends reached out to me today to say "that's exactly how I feel". Forget midlife crisis, I'm thinking the new "it" phase is "thirty-something crisis".

I threw all the excuses out the window today and Kate and I embraced life. There was no way I was going to fill the most beautiful day of the year with errands, bathroom cleaning and laundry. NO WAY!

Started our day out the usual way, Starbucks.
Yes, yes I know I have a problem. It's my only vice. Forgive me.
Headed to the grocery to pick up some prescriptions and a few necessities and then right back home. Kate played in the driveway, coloring pictures and terrorizing small bugs with her pink car. I busted out the hedge trimmer and attacked a few of the bushes on the front walk that were threatening to swallow Scott whole. Once I had conquered the beasts and once again saved Scott from certain death we headed inside to get Scott ready for the day.

Once Scott was settled in his chair and ready for therapy Kate and I headed out once again. Destination - Donahue's for a little quality time babysitting this face.

Baby Ryan is growing up fast and already cruising around.

Got home just in time for a nap. Well, I don't nap but, you don't want to hear about the dishes or bill paying I did. Nap time is truthful and sounds much prettier.
Decided that I hadn't done enough to make this day fabulous. So I started packing.
I packed the most half-assed, unstructured, poorly planned, anti-Brandi beach bag you've ever seen. I figured we had suits, sunscreen and a bucket the rest we would just have to figure out as we went.
Off we went. Main Beach in Crystal Lake. Here's something really sad, this place is 10 minutes away from our house. A grand total of 3.5miles. And yet, we never go there. Oh and to make it worse, it's a freaking dollar to get it. What's wrong with me?
Well, I can tell you we'll be spending some serious time at the beach this year. I'm not a big "beach girl" but the exposure for Kate is amazing. The lake, the kids, the huge park, the trees and pathways, the sand between her little toes. Talk about fantastic.
Sunshine, my best girl, beautiful weather, warm water. Just look....









Watch out world. We're just getting our feet wet.



**********************
Our house isn't the only house in the family that has some change coming. My over qualified, under-utilizied, brother Justin finally got another job today. It's been a long time and we all know in this economy finding a job is a miracle.
Kate's going to miss her weekday visits with Uncle Justin. She'll just have to get used to only having him around on the weekends. Happy early birthday Brother! Congratulations!

Anonymous –   – (June 25, 2010 at 8:31 AM)  

Hurray for Justin. Your day yesterday looked wonderful. To add to my post of yesterday; the day continued with the four grandchildren spending the night. One of which had only spent two nights without Mom and Dad and that was when her sister was born. The other one has never spent a night away from Mom and Dad. Yes, I am crazy, brave or stupid. Sometimes it is just hard to say "no". Anyway, it turned out absolutely wonderful. All went to sleep and slept all night. Lucky- yes, blessed- even more so. Just in case you had not figured out who this is I'll sign off this time.
Love you all,
Auntie Ree

Anonymous –   – (June 26, 2010 at 3:31 PM)  

Looks like a good day spent! Glad you got to enjoy it! Congrats to Justin.

Love ya!
Sere

Post a Comment