Let it snow, let it.. stop f'ing snowing already

We'll kids the much talked about Snowmaggedon did not disappoint. 19'' fell in our town along with wind gusts of 80-90mph and sustaining winds of 60mph (or so says the tv, I wasn't actually out there measuring it myself).
Let's start with a photo from yesterday (Monday) morning. 830am

By 11am you can see a little more snow has fallen about 3''

Junior Miss and I cleared the snow at that point. Well, she played, got cold and went inside in about 10 minutes leaving me to clear the snow.

This is sadly where I discovered our snow blower wasn't going to make it.

It was a sad moment in my life, please lets never discuss it again. It's just too painful.
By 630pm it was game on.

830pm it was rolling.

and midnight...yep, this was going to be fun.

Yes this is our Christmas tree outside our back door. Yes, it's been sitting there since I took it down weeks ago. Yes, it will be sitting there until spring. No, I don't care. It's what happens when a 5'7'' girl wrestles a very dead piece of 9' nature out her back door alone.

Waking up this morning, and being able to really see... wow. Just wow.
This next group was all taken around 7am this morning. My kid didn't get the message that this was a snow day and we were supposed to sleep in. She's been punished.

Somewhere in there is the Christmas tree... I think.
Inside the house looking out the backdoor. My camera in the earlier photos was sitting on the floor. Obviously you couldn't see out the door from floor level any longer.

Look close you can see our fire hydrant out there. A little game of Where's Waldo for you.

The view out our front door. That drift was hand shoveled by me. Keep in mind this is where Scott's ramp is. The drift was about 7' high at the base of the ramp.

Front door shot from the outside. Kates and I aren't much for staying in all day.

Bundle up and out we go.

Kate loved climbing the "mountains"

and making snow angels on the top of 5' drifts.

She can do that because she's little. Me, not so much. I sank. Here I am, my feet aren't on the ground and it's up to my thigh.

That wasn't the worst of it. I decided we should walk around the entire house. I'll let the photo tell you the rest.

Yes, I'm an idiot. I ended up carrying Kate and my camera around the entire house in waist high (or higher) snow drifts. Not the smartest moment I've ever had.

There you have it. Snowmaggedon the photo journal.

We owe a huge debt of gratitude to the wonderful neighbor that plowed or snow blowed us out. I didn't even see them. Kate and I were inside warming up, making chocolate covered pretzels and having lunch with Scott. I went to the window to stare in awe and it was done. Perfectly cleared driveway. So wonderful! Words cannot express.
I was feeling a little claustrophobic and I HATE being trapped with Scott and Kate in the house (I can't shake the what could happen feeling).
Thank you neighbor. We would love the opportunity to show our appreciation in person and with a treat.

This storm was horrible. It's a real mess here. But I'm still thinking about the real problems in Australia and Egypt. Hoping the world can begin to heal.

Jen  – (February 3, 2011 at 11:28 AM)  

Wow! You really did get blasted! Thank goodness there are still kind people out there! I got help from a neighbor too :)

Sere  – (February 3, 2011 at 11:59 AM)  

Nice photo journal Brandi! I thought about doing that, but it was just too windy for me so I didn't. Colton and I made cookies instead. Jonny snowblowed his way down our street and took care of some of the blacktop for everybody. I shoveled out dog pens. Who do you think had more fun? Haha. Hugs!

Post a Comment