Lil' dis lil' dat

We had a wonderful time at Mark and Jay'me's for the Super Bowl game. Seeing as how Mark's family is from Pittsburgh, the results weren't quite what they were hoping for. We had a wonderful time regardless. The kids got along well, there was minimal drama, great friends and great food. What more could you ask for?

Scott is exhausted from the celebration, even though he had the king seat in the theater room for a front row view of the game. He spent the day resting and I think tomorrow will be more of the same.

I swear Kate has grown 3'' in the last two day. Seriously, is this kid ever going to stop growing? She and I were up most of the night battling her growing pains. Poor kid. I've done some research and called the pediatrician but haven't found a good way to help alleviate the pain. Anyone have any ideas?

She's all about the rhyme game right now. In between 3,000 rounds of "does dog rhyme with fog?" she asked me today if I remembered going to the "show and tell and the sign say no diving because it was not enough water and you hit your head and the men will have to come help you and clean up the mess"? I assured her I remembered the hotel and the no diving in the pool rules. Then we discussed sentance structure.

Scott's buddy Josh is coming over tomorrow for dinner. He's bringing along a marinated venison roast loin thing. My husband has assured Josh that I know exactly how to cook it and it will be divine. Hmmm... Thank you husband for the faith but I have never cooked deer and have no idea what I'm doing. Oh, I'm sure I'll figure it out and you all know I'll be calling my resident chef on call, Grams. Wish me luck.
What does one serve with a marinated hunk of deer meat? Who's got a great side-dish recipe?
Oh and yes, I will give deer to Kate. Yes, I will tell her it's chicken. Yes, she will wrinkle her nose, smell it once, touch her tongue to it and declare that "it's too sweet (or spicy depending on her mood)" and she doesn't like it. She will then try an entire piece when I explain to her that the awesome dessert will not find it's way to her tummy without it. I'm mean like that.

I got my haircut on Saturday. Cut off about 8''. It was my first haircut since last March. My hair stylist about died when I told her I had been naming my split ends. I probably went too far when I whimpered "good bye Suzie" when she cut my overly shaggy side bangs.
What you don't name your split ends? Don't answer that.

It was my turn to post on the other blog. There is a song clip in the post. It's Kate's current favorite song. She wanders around the house singing it, when she's not singing Liberty Valence.

Lastly, I had a hot dog for dinner. It didn't like me.

That's all.
Brandi out.

Anonymous –   – (February 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM)  

Brandi,I gave my kids a warm bath with the lavender relaxing baby bath in the baby section of the Walgreens or Jewel.It's a Johnson's product.I also gave them some tylenol.I do the same for Teagan.It seems to help and the lavender scent is very calming.Some people don't believe in growing pains but I spent many nights up giving then warm baths to relieve the pain so I'm a believer.Good Luck,Hi to Scott.Nancy

Colleen  – (February 8, 2011 at 10:43 AM)  

Poor Kate! Sorry, no suggestions. We breed them small over here and get sent for weight checks!!!!

And what, you tell us about 8 inches cut off but no pics?!!!

Kim  – (February 8, 2011 at 2:42 PM)  

We NEED pictures of this new hair!! Seriously woman! Good luck with the deer, I'm a-scared of it, yes I know that isn't a word, no I don't care.

Anonymous –   – (February 8, 2011 at 3:49 PM)  

your last post made me cry...

i'm not much help on the recipe front..or the meat front either. did i mention i'm contemplating the vegetarian thing? i haven't tried it yet, but i'm already getting flak so i'm not sure how that's gonna go. i have managed to cut out caffeine - judging by my consistent headache i'd say unsuccessfully, but whatever.

we will be seeing this new haircut soon yes? i'll be checking missy. -e

Anonymous –   – (February 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM)  

As a little kid I had growing pains something awful at night. The only thing that helped was a pillow under my knees and a heating pad on top my knees. It would soothe the ache until I was able to fall asleep.

My favorite side for venison: Get a box of real wild rice with seasonings (not that Uncle Ben's junk) and a package of plain brown rice. Cook the two together. Roast some vegetables - cut up potatoes, peppers, onions and whatever else, toss with olive oil , salt, pepper and oregano. Bake till tender. Yum!

Christine

Post a Comment