The Day for the Mothers

I had a pretty wonderful Mother's Day. I spent it with my best girl, my favorite mom and the rest of my family.
Didn't do much in the relaxation department but I enjoyed the hard work I did in my parents backyard.

The day would have been perfect had it not been for the stick to the eyeball. Let me tell ya kids, that shit hurts. Kate gave it a kiss tonight before bedtime and made it "all better".
Contrary to my prediction last night, Miss K was a good girl today. Her halo wasn't quite as shiny as yesterday but, I'm one proud momma.

I want to take a moment and thank all of the mom's out there. Each and every mother that I have been honored to come in contact with has taught me something. My close mom friends are a constant resource, sounding board, and inspiration.
Each and every mom out there is different. I marvel at our uniqueness. We are all struggling to do the right thing and be the best moms we can be. We all just hope that our children find love, happiness and health. And if we get really lucky only have therapy once a week. A lofty goal I know.

I salute every mother out there. May we have the courage we need to do the hard things that have to get done. The patience it takes to raise a happy child. And lastly, may we always have the clarity it takes to let the love in our hearts guide the words that we speak.

BigDan  – (May 10, 2010 at 9:08 AM)  

One of the things I miss about living in a condo is the yearly spring "readying of the yard". For some reason that particular soreness always felt good to me. Too bad about the stick in the eye. That sucks.

missy dappen  – (May 10, 2010 at 6:47 PM)  

Glad you had a good Mother's day, Brandi! Couldn't think of anyone who deserves it more (except Momma Dappen- that lady's a SAINT) :-0

Post a Comment