No Place Like Home

After a 3 hour delay I finally arrived home tonight. I had quite possibly the worst return flight ever.
A man on the plane died about 90 minutes into flight. I was part of the 3 person medical team that assisted in the attempted resuscitation. (Me and all my training in the school of hard knocks.) I'll be writing all about the ordeal and my resulting emotions but for now, I shall sleep. Exhaustion has set in hard.
I'm happy to be home with my family. Saying a little prayer tonight for Mayvel. Losing her beloved husband Leotis after 42 years of marriage on an airplane far, far away from home. I cannot imagine.

Why must this shit follow me where ever I go?

Anonymous –   – (May 17, 2010 at 11:24 AM)  

Oh girl I'm not sure if it follows you or if this is all your destination.I can imagine how you comforted Mayvel. I am sure the emotional roller coaster ride you endured was not pleasant yet you were placed there for a reason. Hold strong you are one amazing woman and such a role model for Kate.

BigDan  – (May 17, 2010 at 11:56 AM)  

May you be comforted by the comfort you provide others...

Love ya'

Post a Comment