Garage Sale-in'

As you all know we here at the WWW have a pretty nutty lifestyle. It seems like there is always something going on
From Prom
to parties
we're pretty busy people.

This weekend brings a WWW garage sale.
Yep, we've taken out all of our old junk, placed it neatly in the front lawn and are charging people to take our shit away. It's truly a work of beauty.

My mom has been a champion. She's been spearheading this little project of ours. Spending hours working her butt off to get things together. I certainly could not have pulled it off without her.
Our first day (of 3) went remarkably well. Got rid of some stuff, made a buck or two, managed a few laughs and there were no serious injuries; unless you count my mom's splinter.

Bonnie came to help offer her garage sale expertise.
My mom and Bonnie have been garage sale-in together (both selling and buying) since I was 4 years old. Figure out the math on your own, it's been a long damn time.
You see Bonnie is one of those friends that never fails. She's always there with a smile, a shoulder or a perfectly placed snarky comment to make you smile.

Seeing Bonnie reminded me that I never shared with all of you the tale of our crab dinner a few weeks ago.

You see, Bonnie,

was a constant visitor almost every Sunday while Scott was in the hospital. She promised Scott a crab dinner once he broke free.
Being a true New Yorker she never backs out of a deal.

She tried very hard to help Scott decide what to have for dinner.

She even called in for re-enforcements.

Ultimately leaving the difficult job of helping Scott decide what to eat, to the trained professionals.

Once the hard work was done. Bonnie and Scott colored a nice picture.

They worked very hard.

And were very proud of their hard work.

Bonnie is such a great friend she'll even wore a bib so that Scott wouldn't feel alone.

But in the end she was a very smart lady and got out of the way.


Bonnie is like so many of you that are reading this, she's a "lifer". She'll always have a place at the dinner table here in the WWW. We love us some Bonster.

Another shinning star amongst us, is Scott L.
Yesterday afternoon as I was filthy, covered from head to toe in dust, helping Mom sort the obscene amount of Kate clothes to sell, I get a text message
"Can I bring some dinner over?".

I swear I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I quickly said yes, I didn't want to give him a chance to change his mind.
A short while later Scott L. shows up with his two beautiful boys carrying homemade succotash (which was too die for) and some of the best chocolate cake ever made in the history of the world.

We are so lucky to be surrounded by such amazing, tireless friends. We're looking forward to spending the 30th with both our old friends and our new friends.

9 days to go!

Anonymous –   – (May 21, 2010 at 7:34 AM)  

Such good pictures, looking forward to the 30th. Lynn

Anonymous –   – (May 21, 2010 at 10:08 AM)  

HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY..... 30th let's get crack-a-lackin. I have faces to paint, people to laugh with and hugs to enjoy.
& I have to wait 9 whole days.
Jay'me

Post a Comment