Certainties

Life is filled with uncertainties, this is a certainty. From one second to the next we as humans really don't have a clue as to what may happen. Yeah, we may have our "plans" for what should happen but that doesn't mean that something doesn't come along and just tear those plans apart.

Today, I'm feeling overwhelmed by all of life's uncertainties. We've been given a heavy dose of them today. So in an attempt to refocus I present to you

.... drum roll please.....

Brandi's Top 10 List of Life's Certainties

1) If I wash my car it will rain. For those of you living in a drought state, my services can be purchased for the cost of airfare, food and lodging.

2) An unexpected touch from someone you love will make you smile. Doesn't matter if it's a playful slap on the ass from your lover or a kiss from your child, nobody can keep from smiling, even if it's just on the inside.

3) Homemade apple pie will make a shitty day better. Unless of course you're allergic to something in apple pie in which case, don't listen to me, I'm an idiot.

4) A child between the ages of 0-3 will find the packaging to a gift more fun than the actual gift.

5) My child will only want me to take her picture when I don't have my camera.

6) Regardless of what happens, the world will keep spinning, life will move on. Something to do with gravity or some such shit.

7) If you wear a fanny pack or have a mullet people will laugh at you.

8) If I cave in and make Kate a hamburger for dinner after days of listening to her begging, she will, once again, refuse to eat hamburger.

9) Turning off the alarm the before bed will guarantee a 5:30am wake up.

10) Declaring something a top 10 list will stop your brain from working after item 9 thus leaving you 1 point short for your list.

And there you have it kids, my short list of certainties.
What's on your list of certainties?

Kath  – (September 16, 2010 at 6:22 PM)  

Be certain you guys are surrounded with love and support!!!

Brandi  – (September 16, 2010 at 9:49 PM)  

You're right Kath! So very, very right.
I was certainly reminded of that while enjoying some homemade sloppy joes from the Kath/BigDan kitchen tonight.
A certain little girl even declared "I tried it. I tried it. I really, really like it."
Thanks for being there even when you could be there.

Post a Comment