Cluster

I am a giant cluster fuck tonight.
Yes, I cursed. No, I don't care. There are just sometimes in life that the f-word is needed.
I spent the day doing work stuff, K spent some needed quality time with her grandparents and Scott hung out with Uncle LaVerne and Aunt Lynn for the afternoon.

I managed to keep myself together for the work stuff but it's like my brain turned off about the rest of my life. I forgot to get Scott's new meds picked up which also means I forgot to pick up the medically supplies that we are completely out of. I could have gotten it done too. I had the help and I had the few extra minutes, I just didn't get my act together and get it done.
*Head, wall*

No harm came from my stupidity. Fortunately. It just made for a harder dressing change for me. I guess that's what I deserve for forgetting.

I've held off saying this for a few days but I have some medical news to report on Scott.
I'm debating in my head if I lead off with the good news or possibly bad news. Hmmmm...

Good news wins - Scott's thigh incision that has been open from the 4th thigh surgery has finally closed. January 18th until just a few days ago. Hallelujah it's a miracle. His lower leg is still a hot mess but I'll take one fewer complex dressing change a day.

The not so good news - Scott's been having some hearing troubles the last 4 days. He's got no signs of a cold and this was a quick on-set. He's also had more vertigo than usual (which is a lot). Getting it checked out tomorrow. Hoping it's something simple, preparing for the worst.

My aunt and uncle stopped by for a visit on their way home from Tennessee. Enjoyed a great dinner with them and my parents. Scott got lots of visiting time which he loved.

Here are a few other photos from our visit with Nefarious.








We're already planning our next horsey adventure.

I'm sure there is stuff I'm forgetting but this cluster fuck is done for the day.

Colleen  – (October 1, 2010 at 7:30 AM)  

Sorry for your f-ed up state! Hang in there and hoping for that "simple" news for your hubby.

Brandi  – (October 1, 2010 at 9:19 PM)  

Thanks Colleen! We all have those days from time to time.

Post a Comment