No More White

Ah.. Labor Day.
I've tucked away all my white. Goodbye to my white capris. Farewell to my favorite white shorts. So long white skirts. I'll see you all on Memorial Day 2011. In a sign of blatant disregard for the fashion sticklers, I am keeping my white flip flops fully functioning until first frost. I'm just that kind of rebel.

Kate and I spent a quiet day at home, while Scott went to the home of Mark and Jay'me to spend the holiday with some of his closest friends. Kate was feeling a little under the weather and by the middle afternoon I was too. While it's just a cold we didn't want to infect anyone else with our germs. Staying away was the responsible adult decision. Which is why I'm shocked I made it without hesitation.

Scott reports a great time had by all, after they stopped crying about my absence. Ok, so maybe I made up the last part. Sue me.

Came home from picking up Scott from the party to find two delicious (and huge) slices of homemade pineapple upside down cake on my front step. S12 and Kristin doing their part to fatten me, um, I mean Scott, up. Thanks guys for the tasty treat. We still owe you smores cookies.

Speaking of smores cookies. Remember I talked about them recently. My "friend" Vanessa over at More Is More Mom was on our local midday news program today. Huge congratulations to her. She did a wonderful job. It's a little weird seeing someone you "know" on television. It's my closest brush with fame. Well, I guess other than my parents being Tom Arnold's favorite bartenders back in the day.

To continue to up the shock factor of this blog post, I'm going to share something with you all that you'll find truly amazing. I took the holiday to heart and allowed myself 1 full hour to sit on the couch and read my book in the middle of the day. I know, huge right?!?!? Me sitting alone (only because Kate was napping) in the middle of the day and it didn't involve internet research, bill paying or a heated disagreement on the telephone with the insurance company. A real holiday in this house.

Not what one would typically expect for a holiday celebration but at the end of the day we're all happy. What more can you ask for?

Post a Comment