Lucky

"Do not look at me with pity. For it is I that should pity you."

I know what my life is. I know how to treasure the little moments. I take a breath at the beginning and end of every day. It's not the typical exasperated sigh of most. The sigh of too much laundry, too many bills, too many burdens.
It is a breath. A long, slow, satisfying, feed your soul, breath. Letting in all the good moments from the day and expelling a hopeful breath for the moments ahead.

Each day is a gift. One should not squander it. It should be cherished, embraced and loved.

I am the lucky one. The one that knows just how valuable life is. The one that appreciates a loud, ruckus dinner with family. The one that feels in her soul the love of her far away family that travels in the snow because they heard we had a tough week. The one that sees every second as a gift.
In the blink of an eye it can all get wiped away. I'm lucky that I understand that and don't take a thousand tomorrows for granted.

I'm living in the moment, even when the moments aren't exactly what I want them to be. Are you?

Anonymous –   – (December 11, 2010 at 12:17 AM)  

I would be happy to tell you not to get a dog.Anyone who knows your situation should also say this.Unless they would like to come over and train it,feed it,play with it,and scoop the poop.If you sit down with Kate and explain that now is not a good time she will understand.Get her a white dog stuffed animal.Her world will not end if she doesn't get a dog this year,but your sanity could. Honesty from a friend,Love Nancy

Colleen  – (December 12, 2010 at 6:32 PM)  

I generally live this way and sometimes I forget how short life can be. It gives me a reminder for sure. thinking of you B!!

Post a Comment