Remember

Do you all remember the post about Kate asking for a dog to chase her in the snow? Here's the link http://werewitty.blogspot.com/2010/12/good-heavens-help-me.html. Well, you'll notice if you go there now that I made some adjustments.
You see most blogs, this one included, have stats on them. Meaning I can log in and see who all is looking at the website. I can tell where someone is located, what time and date they logged in, what they looked at etc.
I can also tell, with a further search, what people type into search engines (google, yahoo etc.) to find us. In the last two days I have had some disturbing google search hits on the above referenced post. One google search from England for a "beutiful little girl" (spelling left as found) and a search for "beautiful little girl with mouth open" from the Netherlands. Both of these hits proceeded to download that particular picture of Kate.

I've known from the beginning that I would find my photos on the internet. I've known that there are lots of creepy, disgusting people in the world that would probably think about or do creepy disgusting things while looking at this blog (Hey the world is full of weirdos). I guess I am just having a hard time posting new photos right now.

I accept this as part of what can happen when you put your life out on the internet. Just like I accept that people will download my photos and try to pass them off as their own. It's just part of having things out for the world to read.
In general I love how our little blog has grown. We've got regular readers from all over the world that we've never met. People that have stumbled upon our little spot on the interwebs and found something interesting enough to stay. I think that's pretty cool. I'm just having a hard time with that particular post being so "targeted". I'll get over it and move on.

Pictures soon, I promise.

And um hey guys.... It's 10 days until Christmas and I'm so dreadfully behind I think I might barf. Does anyone know what panic attacks are like? I'm pretty sure I'm having one (or 20).

Colleen  – (December 14, 2010 at 8:48 AM)  

I am sure it would freak me out too. I am public as well. If you think about it too much it can really freak you out!

Nick  – (December 14, 2010 at 10:19 AM)  

It's a shame, but it's also true; this is a beautiful world with some very ugly aspects. From one who greatly enjoys all the photography, I'm sorry this has touched your family.

BigDan  – (December 14, 2010 at 1:07 PM)  

It kind of leaves you speechless... I think Nick said it well.

Justyn's Mommy  – (December 14, 2010 at 6:41 PM)  

I am just speechless. It is amazing the sick people in this world.

Nicole  – (December 14, 2010 at 7:23 PM)  

Oh that's awful. I'm sorry! In regards to Christmas, I'm with you. I still haven't ordered Hazel's! I'm so behind! I think I'll go cry now.

Post a Comment