Rush...again

Christmas photos keep getting put off. Poor Christmas.
Scott is once again a patient at Rush. I'm mobile blogging from there now.
We met with Dr. Jacobs and discussed the issues at hand. He agreed that infectious diseases should be brought on board and thought we should probably do it at Rush (but was supportive of whatever
we chose to do). Scott and I left Dr. Jacobs office and headed over to ID (infectious diseases) to schedule an appointment. We got lucky and the fit us in right away.
Dr. Smith is a straight talking, no nonsense, attack the problem kind of doctor. Yes, I love her.
She looked over Scott's wounds and said "we need to admit you.". An hour later Scott was upstairs on 8S. Were missing our old stomping grounds on 8N. Can't say I miss SICU but I sure do miss our nurse (and doctor) friends there.
So far, so good. Lots of test scheduled to get to the root of the problems and figure out the best course of action for treatment. They've already started anti-biotics so were on our way. I've already been asked 4 times if I'm in the medical field. Makes me laugh every time.
Feeling hopeful that this will be a quick stay. Dr. Smith did say that there's a chance he'll be home for the new year.
Time to go. I'll keep everyone posted on the major developments. I'm snapping photos too because you all know I make everything a photo opportunity.

Colleen  – (December 28, 2010 at 8:53 PM)  

Hang in there B and hoping for a quick stay!

Up North Amherdts!  – (December 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM)  

Will keeping a watch on the blog for good news. Enjoyed our visit so much Scott! I know your in the best hands possible and your spirit and courage will get you through this.
Hope you are home for the New Year.
Love Glad

Anonymous –   – (December 29, 2010 at 1:41 PM)  

Keeping a good thought for you guys!
Christine & Mike

Post a Comment