11

It's been eleven weeks. When am I going to stop counting the weeks? When will Tuesdays between 2 and 4pm pass without me knowing it?

I think it's time to get Kate to talk to a child therapist. Tonight Kate told me "I don't have a father." I thought she was confused by the word father, so I asked her what she meant. "Remember Mommy, my daddy went to heaven and now I don't have a father."

Fuck.

She gets the word father and she feels abandoned by hers. So exactly what I was hoping to avoid.

I've got a whole new layer to cranky today. Maybe it was the 2am sheet, comforter, pillow and stuffed animal change that was required. Or the 2:10am bath for a crying 4 year old that wanted to know why there was "tinkle coming out her bottom in bed". Or maybe it was the 3am load of laundry. Or maybe it's because I miss my husband. Or maybe, just maybe I don't give a rats ass.
Here's hoping for a better tomorrow.

Kim  – (May 31, 2011 at 8:56 PM)  

Your the kind of woman and Mom I strive to be every day. Love you!

Colleen  – (May 31, 2011 at 9:33 PM)  

That breaks my heart. Poor Kate! Hang in there B. Thinking of you sweetie!

Sweet Lily  – (June 1, 2011 at 12:26 PM)  

We all are here to support you.

Cindi B  – (June 1, 2011 at 2:27 PM)  

Hugs ~ hoping for an easier day for you both!

missy dappen  – (June 1, 2011 at 9:13 PM)  

Big warm e-hugs, Brandi and Kate!

I saw a copy of the brochure that came out of the advisory board meetings- keep an eye out in the mail. I heard you and Scott were such an integral part. We all miss him, and you!

Post a Comment