Ahhh.... home.

We got home yesterday afternoon. I couldn't share that with all of you because Blogger was sucking it. The entire site crashed. I didn't do it this time.

Kate went to school this morning and I've spent the day getting things back in order. You bust your butt before the vacation and then come home just to bust your butt again. Sigh...

I've got roughly 500 pictures from the trip. I've spent part of the day narrowing them down and deciding what I want to share. Get prepared for an epic post. But not today.
For now here's a sample and story from our trip that needs to stand alone.

As you all know, Kate LOVES Ariel, The Little Mermaid. Her love for Ariel goes all the way back to before last Halloween, which is an eternity in kid years.

Scott's last promise to Kate was that she would one day get to meet the real Princess Ariel. When the day finally came, Kate could barely contain herself. She stared at Princess Ariel and Prince Eric in wide eyed amazement, telling me that her tummy felt "wobbly".
Prince Eric asked Kate who her favorite prince was.


Kate's response says it all "My Daddy. He's in heaven."

The tears stung my eyes. I just kept snapping pictures, grateful for the camera covering my face.
So simple, so true, so perfect.

**********************************************


And this just in. My dad took this video of Kate dancing during the parade on our first day at the Magic Kingdom. I couldn't wait to share it.

Mommara  – (May 13, 2011 at 10:19 PM)  

Everything about this post brought tears to my eyes. So glad you guys had such a great time. That video did me in. The joy just radiates. Hugs momma.

Nicole  – (May 15, 2011 at 5:20 PM)  

Tears and laughter. She looks like she's having so much fun! The dancing is too cute!

Lindsey @ The Hill House  – (May 16, 2011 at 12:56 PM)  

Dang, she's got better dance moves than I do! :) I bet she had an absolute blast; can't wait to see more pictures!

Post a Comment