Spring Cleaning

I feel like I have so much to say today. I have some birthday brunch pictures I want to share, I have some thoughts on the bin Laden death and have a bunch of Disney questions for all of my Disney freaks (said lovingly). I just don't know where to start. I also feel like I need to give this blog a face lift. I have so much to update and modify here that it's not even funny. I just don't have the time to give it the "spring cleaning" it needs right now. Maybe when we get back... maybe, hopefully.

I've been busting butt around the house. I've cleaned out every closet, every drawer, every cabinet. It feels good to break free of some of the "baggage" that's been bogging me down over the last year. Like a giant weight off my chest. Getting past all the garbage and getting down to the things that really matter.
I moved most of Kate's toys that were in the great room into the now office (formerly Scott's room). I really worried about making that change. Worried that Kate would be bothered by being in Scott's space. Worried that I would be bothered. But tonight as Kate and I ran around playing moving between that room and the rest of the house, I knew it was the right choice. The light was on and once again it was a place of happiness, laughs and love. Even Becky the cat came in and hung out with us.
Being in that room does bring up a lot of conversation about Scott. From both Kate and I. Lots of "remember when" and "Daddy loved" sentences. I could really feel him tonight.

I needed it. Over the weekend and again tonight, I had the displeasure of telling more people about Scott's passing. An old friend of Scott's from the Northwest Builders Hardware days left a message on Scott's phone over Easter weekend. Without preparing, I hastily returned his call. Let's just say that he received a poorly articulated, very scattered, voicemail message telling him about Scott's death.
Yep, I left a freaking message on a voicemail with that information. I officially suck.

There should be a book on this stuff. Maybe some warning labels or an automated voice to say something like "To continue with this totally stupid, cruel, stumbling message press 1. To delete this and pretend you were never dumb enough to actually leave something like this on voice mail press 2. Oh forget it, we've deleted it for you. Stop being an ass."
Can I get an ap for that?

I was slightly more formulated on Linked In. For those of you that aren't familiar, Linked In is a social networking site specifically for work/business associates and acquaintances. I had forgotten that Scott had an account there. Looking through his list of contacts before I deleted his account, I realized most of those people probably hadn't heard either. Le sigh...

I'm trying so hard for things to get better. I'm making progress in some areas but in others... yeah not so much.

Well, I'm afraid most of the brunch photos will have to wait. Miss K has decided that with one week to go before her first commercial flight, she should come down with her 147th cold of the year. It's just how we roll, I guess.

Here's a picture that S-12 took during the party of Kate in her new Rapunzel costume from Aunt Marlene and Uncle Jim.



Oh and Disney Freaks, I need some clothing help. What should Kate wear? More importantly what should I wear? HELP!!

Jen  – (May 2, 2011 at 9:39 PM)  

I am guessing the weather is pretty warm down there now. It is best to wear shorts/capris and depending on weather tank tops/shirts.
I would always bring a jacket or light sweatshirt(that is if you plan on being there all day into night) It can get chilly. I know a lot of the kids will wear princess dresses, which I suppose can be fun, but if it is hot that will get old really fast and if Kate is anything like my daughter Addison who is 4 she would want something she can more easily move in.
For shoes I say tennis shoes are the best and most comfortable. You will be walking and/or running again if your daughter is anything like mine from attraction to attraction. :) Hope this helps!

Mommara  – (May 2, 2011 at 10:14 PM)  

It's mid 80's here in Ga so most likely even warmer there. Man, I wish we were going to cross paths. I would love nothing more than to hug your neck and grab a drink.

Jay'me –   – (May 2, 2011 at 10:49 PM)  

Ooh ooh ooh, I have a fabulous fanny pack if you wish to borrow you may... Yes, I said fanny pack. Don't judge. It's a 60 dollar one and it's only for times you really don't want to loose your purse on rides and more fun things you need both hands free for.

Anonymous –   – (May 2, 2011 at 11:09 PM)  

Definitely good comfy gym shoes for all,its alot of walking,weather should be great.Sunscreen,t-shirts and shorts.I say t-shirts so shoulders don't get burned and you have a little more coverage when you go inside the air-conditioned places.Have a wonderful time.love Nancy

Craig –   – (May 3, 2011 at 8:10 AM)  

Weather is warm to HOT and HUMID! load up on the sunblock, wear a hat, and light clothing!
have you purchased tickets yet? i might be able to get you the florida resident price!

Sere  – (May 3, 2011 at 5:35 PM)  

You could always go a little cheesy and for one day wear Disney shirts that either match or complement. It makes for some cute and fun photos. I have a article on the ins and outs of Disney that I could scan and send to you with tips and such. It might be useful. Let me know. Hugs!
Love, Sere

Kevin  – (May 4, 2011 at 11:57 PM)  

It's hot down there. Dress like it's hot, you know what to do. However, bring down that Repunzel dress for K. Change into it if it is cooler at night or have her wear it in the morning until it gets too hot. All the cast members will go out of there way to call her princess and curtsey to her. Obviouslly if its too f'in hot switch gears and punt. But bring it just in case. . .

Kevin  – (May 4, 2011 at 11:59 PM)  

"their way" is what I meant. yikes

Post a Comment