It's raining, it's pouring

There's a tornado warning.
And I'm so freaked out that I'm sitting here blogging and watching part of Ghost of Girlfriends Past. Yep, really scared. The only saving grace to this movie in my opinion is Matthew McConaughey. The only saving grace in Scott's opinion was Jennifer Garner. Obviously, it was one of our favorite movies.

I'm really glad Kate and I are back from our happy place. Being in the middle of nowhere, rural America on 30acres of woods during a tornado, with just Kate and I does not sound like fun. Plus the "cabin" is a metal building and let me tell you a regular rain storm sounds like the end of the world. I can't imagine what a storm this size would sound like.

So, while I'm ubber excited to share with you the photos from Kate and I's adventure, I still have some Disney to share. I know there are a few of you that have been patiently waiting for Kate and the Princess' pictures. And there are a few of you that have been driving me crazy asking when I would get off my ass and post the princess pictures. So here you go... assuming the internet holds out on me.

Did you know that during our Disney trip we took every major form of transportation?

Yep, a car (to get to the airport), a plane (duh), a bus (to get to the resort), a train (both the monorail and the train around Magic Kingdom) and then we decided to round things out by taking the ferry from our resort to the park the second day.

Kate has said on numerous occasions since our return that next time we go, she wants to take the boat every time. According to her, "it's better to be in the outside than the inside on the train thingy".

We totally lucked out on seeing most of the Princesses.

We figured out the second day, exactly where to meet a select few of them and headed right there when we came in.

A quick 10-15 minute wait and we had Princess Aurora (aka Sleeping Beauty), Cinderella and Belle under our belts.

Kate was absolutely mesmerized.

She politely chatted, gave hugs and posed like a champ.

Put the girl with a princess and she acts like one.

Right next door to the princess trio was Mickey and Minnie. This is the only time I really saw Disney fail. The lighting in with Mickey and Minnie was horrific. Absolutely awful. Even the pictures from the paid Disney photographer (who used Nikon gear thank you very much) suck. The reds are blown and the casting and shadows were impossible.

A few rides, lots of sweating and some shopping later, Kate and Scott's dream came true.

The perfect Princess Ariel and her handsome Prince Eric.

After meeting them we lucked out and were the last ones of the day to meet Princess Jasmine and Aladdin.

Of all the Princes Kate met, she was quite obviously the most smitten with Aladdin. I think she has her first crush.

We wrapped up the day with a Tiana and Prince Naveen (from the Princess and The Frog) meeting.

The Prince Naveen actor was perfect. He was so completely flawless, it was hysterical.



I think Kate had finally settled in just about the time we were leaving. She couldn't wait to stand, be goofy and pose for pictures.

Perfect chance for her mom to take advantage of the softened light.

I can't believe what a beautiful little girl I have. I'm so thankful to Scott for giving her to me.

She brings such joy to everyone around her.


Well, there you have it. The princesses. I still have about 20 photos that I really wish I could share but I'm sure I've bored you all to tears. Plus, I've got these "Happy Place" photos that I'm freaking in LOVE with.

Hoping the worst of the storm has rolled on. Thinking about those that had it far worse than I. One of the things Scott taught me and believed with all his soul is "it can always be worse." He said it the morning he died.

Madeline  – (May 22, 2011 at 10:14 PM)  

I just found your blog from Matt's. Your little girl is lovely and your strength is amazing. Jasmine should really do some crunches.

Jen  – (May 23, 2011 at 6:40 AM)  

Amazing pictures!!! Kate looks like she had so much fun!!!

Colleen  – (May 23, 2011 at 7:55 AM)  

She is beautiful - that's for sure : )

BigDan  – (May 23, 2011 at 8:21 AM)  

She's the bestest princess of all!

Post a Comment