Non-Disney, Disney

So where shall I begin? I've got more photos of Disney than Blogger can possibly handle in one post (read - I'm to lazy to spend the time loading them all in one day). So, where shall I begin?

I can't go in sequential order, that would be far to stuffy and boring. I can't do just the photos of Kate because that would be all but 3 of them.

I guess I'll do the non-Disney, Disney pictures to wet your whistle. Here's a bit of everything we saw outside of the beautiful Magic Kingdom.

This is a flower. I have no idea what kind of flower (someone help me out) but I thought it was super cool. The grounds of the Polynesian Resort were absolutely gorgeous.

Beautiful lush greens everywhere. I would have liked to see some more flowers but I'm a spoiled bitch like that.

The resort had two pool areas. Our second night there we spent some time in the "quiet" pool.

Yep, I took my kid to the "quiet" pool.

I also allowed my dad to go. Normally, he can be quiet but his hacking cough created somewhat of a disturbance.

No worse then Kate's shrieking in delight while splashing though.

The only major uproar was when I performed my synchronized swim routine. You'll notice there are no pictures of that. You're welcome.

As you all heard ad nauseam, one of my struggles in the weeks before our trip was getting dinning reservations. Apparently Mickey likes having his shit planned about 6 months in advance. That's just not how I roll. Sorry, Mickey.


We totally lucked out though and our food experience the entire trip was nothing short of amazing. The giant flames above are at the Polynesian Resort restaurant O'Hanas. They cooked mighty fine pieces of meat over those giant flames and brought random pieces to your table to eat. Think Brazilian Steakhouse, if you're familiar.
They are not stupid at that place though and realize that sitting small children through a long ass dinner just isn't going to cut it, especially after a long day at the park.

So the "hostess" type chick gathers the kiddles, and teaches them to hula.

Kate was excellent at listening and following direction. It really hit home that I need to get the girl child in some type of dance class STAT.

Another perk to this "dinner entertainment" was that if you're a deranged, camera carrying, paparazzi type mom, you get your butt up and take pictures instead of sitting and finishing all the delicious pot stickers staring at you on the table. Can you say BONUS!
The only hard part was when the "hostess chick" told us that the hula is the dance of love and all the littles should go get someone they love to come dance with them. "Girls, go get your daddies. Boys go get your mommies." Yep, there is a first time for everything and this was the first "father, daughter dance" that Kate got shafted on and had to dance with her mom.

Kate didn't notice and nobody but me cared.

Good thing I had some excellent shopping to help distract me from my woes. I picked up this cute little dress at the one of the three hotel stores at the resort for a whopping $22. I wish I would have worn it the day before to even out my awful tan lines. Don't judge me.

And for what it's worth. I used sunscreen. You can ask my mother. She watched me. I have backwards skin and every place I put sunscreen I burned. I've found one type of sunscreen in my 33 years on this planet that doesn't burn me and I didn't bring it and the hotel didn't have it. My peeling shoulders look super awesome now... NOT.

USE SUNSCREEN. Don't be a peely mess like me. It's totally not cool.This has been a public service announcement. Thank you very much.


Did you enjoy your journey? Let's recap what you learned today. Plan ahead when going to Disney or not. I have backwards skin. Wear sunscreen. I like meat cooked on a open flame. When pressured I will dress like a tourist. My kid is cute as hell.
I think that's it for now.

Working away from home today. Hanging in Wisconsin, pretending like I know how to be an adult. Missing my kid who is probably chasing Kittens and con-ing my parents into marshmallows and cupcakes for dinner. Home tomorrow before she can rot her teeth too much.

*Mom, I say the above tongue in cheek. I know you're taking excellent care of her. She's in the second place possible. First place is with me. I had 13 hours of unmedicated labor, I win.*


xoxo
B

Jen  – (May 16, 2011 at 8:54 PM)  

Love these! Looks like you guys had tons of fun on the non-Disney Disney parts of your vacay!

Anonymous –   – (May 16, 2011 at 8:58 PM)  

I'm glad you all had a great time at Disney.I think everyday should be a Disney day,but that's just me.I spent Friday at Tulip time in Holland,Mich with Bonnie.I am a glutten for punishment .Ask her what time she got up!She is a sick human being and I can't believe we weren't kicked off the bus.But enough about me,have a great week.We'll have to get together after the27th.Teagan will be out of school.Love Nancy

Sharon  – (May 16, 2011 at 9:14 PM)  

Awww! I can't wait to see more! The hula dance looked fun, and I'm glad the daddy/daughter dance did not make Kate sad. I'm sure that was hard on you though. It made me sad just reading it. It looks like she was having fun dancing with her Mama though.

And I LOVE the last one of her in the pool with the water splashing! Great shot!!

Sharon  – (May 16, 2011 at 9:16 PM)  

Oh, and I about died laughing at "Apparently Mickey likes having his shit planned about 6 months in advance." Soooo true. Mickey is definitely type-A personality. ;-)

Lisa  – (May 17, 2011 at 9:19 AM)  

That's a shrimp plant. I don't know why they are called they, but they are very interesting!

Anonymous –   – (May 17, 2011 at 7:33 PM)  

Ohh thank you for the laughs! I love your humor, and am glad you had such a great time! (minniefroggy/SPN)

Post a Comment