Over share of the century

I had a really REALLY hard time picking pictures to share. My happy place brings out the best of my photo mojo apparently.

I was so camera happy the entire weekend that I even took a picture of the best sandwich in the entire world. Homemade corned beef, swiss cheese from a local dairy toasted on fresh, homemade rye bread. OH HEAVENS!!! Just look at it's deliciousness.

Or look at the building next door. Which ever you prefer.

Part of what I love most about my happy place is the diversity of what I see, do, experience.

All things I can't get at home.

An absolute silence like nothing I've ever heard before.

All the gorgeous trees just wrap around you and drown away the worries and the stress.


There is usually some physical labor involved. A way to push my body to it's limits. To take in deep breaths and fill my tired, suburban muscles.

This time of year is especially glorious. Weeds that look like beautiful flowers. Rejuvenation everywhere.

Sharing it with my best girl really made for a heart filling experience.

As soon as I reassured Kate that you didn't need a television and that there would be no other people staying in our "hotel", she embraced the outdoors. I even managed to get her to stop screeching about every bug she saw. My kid HATES bugs. She seriously flips out over a lady bug in the house so having her in the bug capitol of the world and getting her to not freak out was a major accomplishment. Quite possibly the highlight of my mommy career.

Seeing her walk through the fields in the warm,setting sun, drinking her milk and twirling her hair, an absolute picture of contentment.

Yep, my girl gets it. She's not afraid to embrace life and explore.

She already knows that I'll be right there to offer her a hand if she ever needs it. I can think of nothing better.

Scott and I always wanted for her to be as comfortable outside, staring at water droplets as she was in a city at a charity gala.


Sharing my happy place with her is all part of the master plan.

It was interesting to see her in a small town setting. Everything here in the 'burbs is so hustle and bustle.

Slowing down, enjoying dinner, laughing, goofing off and guessing what the other person was drawing.

How do you top a meal like that? With ice cream of course.

It was so great to see her not only slow down and watch the world around her but to see her dance on the street while a random man played his guitar...

Yep, those are the moments in life.



"Blow on the dandelion and make a wish Kate."

"You too mom. What are you wishing for Mom?"

"What I always wish for." For all your dreams to come true.

BigDan  – (May 25, 2011 at 7:43 PM)  

Nice pics! Hope you had a great and relaxing time!

Amber  – (May 26, 2011 at 1:58 PM)  

This was an absolutely beautiful and heart warming post. Thank you for sharing.
The photos are stunning as well. I felt like I was there with you.

Anonymous –   – (May 29, 2011 at 3:15 PM)  

Wow!! What a fun post with so many photos!! And I loved every single one of them :D

Anonymous –   – (July 26, 2011 at 1:15 PM)  

I'd love to use the photo of her eating the ice cream for a blog post about the right check-list for life.. Live, Smile, Love, Laugh, Be True and Honest, and Eat Ice Cream. Please let me know if I can. I will be more than happy to link back to your blog. The photos are amazing.

<3
Nicole
justlivelovelaugh13@gmail.com
justlivelovelaugh.wordpress.com

Anonymous –   – (July 26, 2011 at 1:15 PM)  

I'd love to use the photo of her eating the ice cream for a blog post about the right check-list for life.. Live, Smile, Love, Laugh, Be True and Honest, and Eat Ice Cream. Please let me know if I can. I will be more than happy to link back to your blog. The photos are amazing.

<3
Nicole
justlivelovelaugh13@gmail.com
justlivelovelaugh.wordpress.com

Post a Comment