Why Is It?

Riddle me this Batman...
Why is it that your child gets better the day you decide to finally take her to the doctor?
Anyone... anyone... Bueller... Bueller...???

Please tell me I'm not the only one that this happens to.

K woke up with a temp of 100, after fighting to keep her under 105 again all of last night. So off we went to the doctor and let me tell you it was a real gem of a visit. Yup, restraining your 3 year old, listening to her scream bloody murder while the doctor attempts to clear wax from her ears, pure bliss, nothing better.
In the end after many, many tears the doctor decided to wait out the fever for another day.
By the end of the night Scott and I were trying to peel Kate off the walls. Me thinks that Miss Thing is all better now. Let's hope I'm right.

I have a confession to make. My dinner tonight consisted of cookie dough and 2 cookies, oh and a bite or two of Scott's chicken, mushroom pasta. And for lunch, I had some grapes and a few pretzels. Well, I should probably make this a full confession and tell you that I had not 1 but 2 Starbucks coffees for breakfast. To my defense the second drink was a mistake the baristas made and it was free. Hey, who am I to turn down a FREE, tall, non-fat, white chocolate mocha?
I officially feel ill. My stellar eating habits today were purely my fault, we have food (Scott and Kate were both served decent meals) I just wasn't in the mood to have a real meal so I ate junk. Oh well.

On that note I leave you with this....
BURP

Kath  – (July 30, 2010 at 10:21 PM)  

We're cooking as fast as we can!! Love you guys!

Mommy of Two  – (July 30, 2010 at 11:23 PM)  

Ahemm....you ate what for dinner? Alli is not a happy camper :(...next time I am not listening to you and you are getting dinner served to you...no silver platter, paper plates from this mama...
Glad to hear news of KT.
Scottie, get your wife to share the cookie dough!

Anonymous –   – (July 31, 2010 at 5:17 AM)  

Just snowballing here -- perhaps you are getting some early payback for those Katie butt pictures you posted! I tried to tell her to just bide her time and wait for the nursing home, but she seemed determined to rough you up a little bit beforehand. Sad, so sad!

Unc

BigDan  – (August 1, 2010 at 6:47 PM)  

OK, Ms. Brandi...
The cooking is continuing here at the Kopanke-Flens household at a feverish pace.. We have a Italian Noodle Bake (all organic... blah, blah, blah...) I am smoking a chuck roast at this moment, to be sauced with a homemade Espresso BBQ sauce. Kathy made some vegetable root puree... think mashed potatoes on steroids. There is also Chicken Noodle Soup already prepared and in the freezer. So is Kathy's unbelievable Continental Pork with noodles and some Sloppy Joe meat. Oh yes, there are also some southern greens!

@ Alli - It's up to us, babe! We have to rescue Brandi from herself!

Mommy of Two  – (August 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM)  

@ BigDan, I provide an excellent service of take out and delivery...my handywork in the kitchen is minimal. Kathy's cooking has made my mouth water, though :-)

BigDan  – (August 1, 2010 at 8:28 PM)  

@ Alli -
I think that we'll have to converge on Brandi, et.al., sometime!

Brandi  – (August 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM)  

@BigDan - oh good heavens! You and Kath are way too good to us. I cannot wait!
I agree - please come and converge. I need an intervention, or at least I'm going to say I need one.
@Alli - had the best of intentions on ordering pizza but alas the cookie dough tummy ache won.

Post a Comment