A Banner Day

It was truly a banner day today at the Witt house. I'll give you a little dialog exchange between Kate and I this morning.

*Kate and I head outside. I need to once again clean my car, attempting to rid it of all the Starbucks spilled in yesterdays event. Kate as always waits for the garage door to open all the way before she runs to the end of the driveway and back screaming like a maniac all the while. The exchange is as follows*

Me- Kate, you can play for a little bit. Mommy has to clean her car.
Kate - Again, Mommy?
Me- Yes Kate, again.

Few moments pass

Kate - Excuse me Mommy, can I please get out one of my toys?
Me - Sure Kate, thanks for using your manners. What would you like?
Kate - My car please Mommy.

*gets out car*

Kate - Hmmm... I think it needs gas Mommy. Can I sit down on the ground and give it some gas? I won't get too dirty.
Me - Sure. Thanks for being careful.
Kate - Mommy, can I have my bike instead?
Me - Yes you may. Please put away the car first.

*shuffling of car and bike. I'm buried in the car scrubbing.*

Kate - squeals of delight - I do it Mommy! I ride my bike! I ride it like the other kids! I do it Mommy!

So there you have it. A long story kept long. I have a big girl that is so polite and can finally ride her bike!

We celebrate things like this in the Witt house. We celebrate big.
Right before nap time I found an article in a local magazine about a cupcake bakery that had opened up recently in downtown Crystal Lake. Sweet Pea Cupcakes

After nap time, Kate and I headed out in search of a sweet treat and boy did we find 'em.



Kate picked out a cupcake called Pinkalicious. Shocking, I know


We took our treats to the park and enjoyed them under the tree.




Spent a few minutes at the playground playing. The mosquitoes, I mean blood sucking birds, thought we were extra sweet today so our playtime was cut a little short.

As the stress builds at an unrelenting pace it's moments like these that keep me from driving straight to the looney bin and checking myself in.

Anonymous –   – (August 18, 2010 at 11:00 PM)  

Is that the place by the downtown Starbucks?


Tiffanie

Brandi  – (August 18, 2010 at 11:30 PM)  

@ Tiffanie - it is! I thought of you while I was there and had planned on messaging you on FB :)
It was wonderful. You should go next time you're at Starbucks. Be prepared to peel your kids off the ceiling from their sugar high though.

Anonymous –   – (August 19, 2010 at 11:19 AM)  

I always see people with boxes but haven't gone there yet when I've been at the Starbucks. Maybe I'll have to stop there the next time I'm out that way!!


Tiffanie

Sere –   – (August 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM)  

Looks awfully yummy!!!

Kath  – (August 19, 2010 at 4:13 PM)  

I think I just became diabetic looking at the pictures!!

Post a Comment