Karma

I'm trying to figure out my beliefs on karma.
On one hand, I look at my own life and most days feel like I must have done something terribly wrong to deserve so much shit. As I relayed to my Grams husband this morning, I genuinely feel like I'm in need of some serious body armour to get through the day. Constant shrapnel flying at my head from all different angles.

Then on the other hand, I think that something awful will come to all of those that cause bad things to happen. Today's example of this would be the chick that ran Kate and I off the road while she was talking on her cell phone.
Being run off the road isn't that big of a deal. No damage was done to my car. The problem came from the scalding hot Starbucks coffee that was in my hand when I went off the road. I had procured the coffee just about 3 minutes before the incident and had only taken one tentative sip. When I hit the grass to avoid the idiot chick, the blazing hot coffee went flying, drenching my lap in it's yummy goodness.
Let me share with you the tip of the day: Avoid having blisters along your bikini line. They hurt like hell.

So, part of me thinks Stupid Girl will eventually get what's coming to her. But, if I believe that, then I must believe that all my bad luck and the mounds of shitty stuff is some kind of payback for past misgivings.
I haven't been a saint, that's for freaking sure, but I also don't think I've done anything so terribly wrong.

So karma or no karma? That is the question.

Mommy of Two  – (August 17, 2010 at 10:14 PM)  

no karma, b...too many bad things happen to good people...dad, my aunt anita, scott. It doesn't make sense to me. People do not get what they deserve. They are not handed what they can handle. It would be too easy to find a solution to your thoughts that way...Love you, support you, always.

BigDan  – (August 18, 2010 at 8:21 AM)  

What is... is. How you handle it is what makes you who you are. You are incredibly special.

Post a Comment