Rejuvination

There comes a time that a girl needs to get away from "regular life" and spend some time getting dirty. She needs to sweat, bleed, work her fingers to the bone and writhing in pain by the end of the day.
***chirp,chirp, whoooo, whoooo, chirp, chirp***
The silence is deafening. Maybe it's just me that enjoys spending her free time like this. We've all known for a long time that I'm not always the most well adjusted person.
Don't get me wrong I love a good trip to the mall, getting my nails done, hair cut and a fruity girly drink with my gal pals. For me though, there is just nothing quite as freeing, emotionally cleansing or rejuvenating as being at one with nature and being able to see the fruit of my labors laid on the perfect canvas that the earth provides.

Flew out before a cold (read 80 instead of 90degree heat) moved in. The clouds made for perfect playmates.




Nothing like a cold refreshing lemonade on a blistering hot summers day.


A weekend spent, getting acclimated with all of God's creatures. Even the not so cute ones.

Finding beauty in the tiniest of details.

And soaking up the sun.

I enjoyed my time away. I also enjoyed coming home to the sweetest little girl that surprisingly missed her mommy very much.

*********************************************
And now a new game for the WWW....
Where's Buggie?
Somewhere in this photo is a bug. Can you find it? Bonus points for the first person to tell me what type of bug it is.

Mommy of Two  – (August 15, 2010 at 10:56 PM)  

Preying Mantis...brown lower left ;)

Anonymous –   – (August 15, 2010 at 11:01 PM)  

walkingstick, lower left

Unknown  – (August 16, 2010 at 9:48 AM)  

I'm going with Praying Mantis CENTER left. I suppose Allie wins though. Great pics Brandi! I hope everyone saw her other photo posted in 3chicks1dude. Great light and composition. Check it out if you haven't.

Sere –   – (August 16, 2010 at 12:04 PM)  

I saw him too! I'm thinking walking stick bug but what do I know.... Center left of the photo and I saw it before I read the posts. Glad you had a nice, rejuvenating time!

Anonymous –   – (August 16, 2010 at 3:20 PM)  

I see a dingo....

Mark

Post a Comment