What a Day!

Kate and I spent the day at the Milwaukee Zoo with my parents. It was a hot steamy but overall beautiful day.
This trip to the zoo we got a chance to do a few things we didn't do last time.
We rode the train around the park.



Kate finally got her wish and rode the carousel with Grandma.


We even rode the camel. Here is a helpful hint - Do NOT ride a camel while wearing a skirt. You and the camel will become close personal friends in such a way that you will be scarred for life.

There are several more photos of our camel ride but I fear for your vision so I will stick with just this one.

Last time we were at the zoo Kate got to pick between a hat or sunglasses when her mother (the idiot) forgot proper protection for her eyes. Kate being the smart girl that she is never forgets anything. She wanted her hat this time to protect her eyes.



I got some great photos of a few of the new friends we made along the way.


This guy was obviously trying to cool off. And believe me, this is a boy. I made sure this photo was G-rated. Somebody was quite the exhibitionist.


He wanted to give you all a high-five.


If you all are following the other blog you know that today was my day to post a picture in the photo challenge. The next two photos were the two runners up for my post.




It was a wonderful afternoon that transitioned into a beautiful evening.
BigDan and Kathy once again played Meals on Wheels and brought us a freezer full of delicious yummy food. BigDan highlighted one of the meals on his blog Pilsen Earth. I can't wait to sink my teeth into it.
I finally got to return the favor and feed BigDan and Kathy something other than pizza and beer frat boy style. I made Scotty's famous salmon, these delicious veggies and some delightful Gruyere potatoes. I even busted out a bottle of wine.
A wonderful visit with two amazing friends that only found us because of this awful disease of Scott's. I guess there are some perks that come out of it.

Colleen  – (August 11, 2010 at 7:42 AM)  

Kate is a such a cutie. Great photos!

Anonymous –   – (August 12, 2010 at 7:27 PM)  

wow! these photos are amazing! looks like it was a great day :)

Post a Comment