Reality....

So over on the other blog I had a stunning photo to follow up. Went to bed last night thinking, plotting, strategizing. Somewhere in the wee hours of the morning I came up with the idea to take a picture through rose colored glasses.

My first instinct was to take a photo of my world through rose colored glasses. After all, I certainly could use a rosey outlook.

So, off I went first thing this morning. I had previously planned to drop Kate off with Grammy, headed to Palatine and left an ecstatic Kate with two of her favorite people. I had to make a quick Target stop (don't I always) so I decided that a photo shoot in Target was going to be my "photo of the day". There is nothing more "Brandi" than a cart full of stuff at Target.

You wouldn't believe the looks people give you when you're standing in a random aisle, holding up a pair of rose colored sunglasses (that cost $3.29 thank you very much clearance sale) and taking photo after photo. Making adjustments, moving aisles, searching for the perfect light... I was quite a sight. Ultimately I ended up with this...



I wish you could see the perfectly place Starbucks coffee in the seat, it was my finishing touch.
In a perfect world Kate and Scott would be in the image but it was hard enough doing this photo without them, can't imagine if I had Kate bouncing off the walls too.

My day moved on, I had a few meetings and got to go out into the big scary adult world all by myself for something other than a medical appointment. It was wonderful. I had a good time "working" for the day.

Kate had a super fun time being spoiled. She came home full of smiles, hugs and some more wonderful manners. I realize that she's 3 and the polite manners are bound to take a hiatus sometime soon so I'm really soaking them up right now. Everything is please, thank you, bless you, excuse me, may I. I simply can't get enough of it. If you all could keep this post in your mind and remind me to look at this again in a few months when Kate hasn't used a nice word in weeks, thanks!

Scott got the short end of the stick and spent the day at home. He got lots of rest. Good thing, he has another round of therapy tomorrow. Time to give Scott a little kick in the ass.

BigDan  – (August 20, 2010 at 5:16 PM)  

It's a good thing store security didn't haul your ass out of there!

Unknown  – (August 21, 2010 at 10:58 PM)  

I love this photo. Too bad you didn't have a fish eye...:)

Post a Comment