Giant Tree

I have a giant tree in my driveway. I put it there on purpose. Etched in sidewalk chalk in multiple colors.

I have 6.2 million mosquitos (read bird) bites. A result of exactly 4 minutes outside without the fantastic herbal bug balm my Grams sent for Kate and I.

I have a skirt with a filty butt.

I have two very dirty feet.

I have a little girl snuggled into bed with a soft smile on her face.

I have a very full heart.

Even the oppresive heat couldn't keep Kate and I from enjoying a little bit of time outside this evening, with our popsicles of course.
It was the perfect topping to a dinner of BLTs made with applewood smoked bacon from the butcher, tomatoes picked by myself and Jay'me from Jay'me's garden yesterday, lettuce fresh out of the field at the local farmers market and the best sweet corn we've had all season.

Ahhh... summertime...how I love you.

BigDan  – (August 13, 2010 at 10:59 AM)  

OK, Ms. Brandi! I was just reviewing some minutes and the trach care issue popped up. Now I know where it came from!!! Hope all is going well.
Love you all.

Brandi  – (August 13, 2010 at 11:42 PM)  

Sorry Dan, Kathy and all the other Rush nursing staff.

Post a Comment