It's Raining, It's Pouring

The old man needs to shut the hell up.

While I was driving for the first time today since the accident, I could feel the sunshine on my face. It was warm, welcoming and I tried to let it refill my soul. Slowly seeping into my pores, working it's warmth into my heart. I'm not healed yet from the drama of this week, far from it actually, but I'm trying.
I'm trying to find the positives in all of this.
Like today, when I heard that my baby brother Justin was in the hospital, I immediately said "what the fuck". Mom and I dropped Kate off at school, picked up my rental car (a story on it's own) and headed to the same hospital where Kate and I were just taken on Tuesday.
Got there in time to hear that while he will require surgery it's a typical ailment, and the surgery can be postponed for a more suitable time. Fantastic news. I tried to look around and find the humor in the situation. It kind of helped that my baby brother, he's almost 25, looked hysterical in his pediatric hospital room.

You see my baby brother hasn't been my 'little' brother since he was in the 5th grade. At 6'5'' he's anything but little.

There he was hanging over the gurney in this beautiful peds room with butterflies, trees and clouds on the walls.
The picture, as you can see was quite comical.

My pain is getting better. I only wanted to vomit from the pain twice today as compared to about 10 times yesterday so I would say I'm on the mend. Kate physically is fine. She had some nightmares last night and talks about the car crashing a lot. While driving tonight, a car pulled up beside us and she asked me "he not going to crash into us and hurt this car is he Mommy?". It breaks my heart. She'll be fine, I know, I just hate that she even has to think about these things. Poor little girl already has such big stress and emotion in her little world.

Scott's still the same. Our appointments next week will hopefully shine some light on his problems.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'm going to try and do everything I can to put this miserable week behind me completely. I'm already moving forward. Making dinner and baking these is just the tip of the iceberg. Looking forward to Sunday and our 4th Annual Pumpkin Patch Slaughter with some of our great friends.

I'm putting in my earplugs so I can't hear that stupid old man snoring. It's not going to rain on this parade any longer.

Colleen  – (October 9, 2010 at 8:02 AM)  

I really hope you have a good weekend Brandi - you deserve it after all this. Watch that pretty little girl and the world seems so much better!

Anonymous –   – (October 9, 2010 at 8:44 PM)  

Brandi,
Justin was born in 1985 and turned 25 in June.
Love,
Mom

Up North Amherdts!  – (October 10, 2010 at 11:19 AM)  

YOU are a CHAMP Brandi! Sorry you had added stress, but your spirit is inspiring.
Please give Scott my love.
Gladie

Post a Comment