Weekend Recap

Boy, what a weekend. We spent lots of time away from the house. And judging from how tired Scott was today, it was probably too much. What's a family to do? There are only so many beautiful fall days to enjoy. Only so many Bears games to cringe through and only so many moments left to be made.

We try really hard to make the most of every moment given to us. There is no crystal ball that tells us if we'll have another fall to spend together as a family. God willing if we have another fall together, we have no idea how things will look.

So this weekend we did our best.

We should have know that when Kate started her day like this, we were in trouble.

I love how tiny she looks with her Uncle. It's the only time I don't look at my kid and see her as an amazon.

The farm we went to was incredibly busy. Quickly we decided to boycott the petting zoo, camel rides, and giraffe feedings. Fighting through throngs of people with a wheelchair and a cranky toddler just didn't sound like fun to me. Call me crazy.
Pumpkin' hunting better suited us.



Kate spent much time thinking. It's still unclear if she was picking out the perfect pumpkin or if she was plotting her revenge.

"Hmmm, I think I'll refuse to pose for pictures next."

Uncle Justin and Auntie Blue got off their high chair

and got a decent family picture for us.

After that I had to put her in jail.

She turned herself into a bat and broke free.


We cut the day short in favor of lunch, a good nap and some dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's.


It may not have gone as planned. We may have had a few tantrums and melt downs but we were together.

Up North Amherdts!  – (October 19, 2010 at 9:36 AM)  

Just got caught up with the last posts and wonderful pictures. Kate is beautiful! Glad to hear that Jimmy is not the only child to have a bad day! Love the picture with Scott at the pumpkin patch.
Glad you are feeling better Brandi.
Hugs to all - Love Glad

missy dappen  – (October 19, 2010 at 7:55 PM)  

Good pics, even if a little crankiness was involved. Kate gets cuter every day!

Sending my love to all of you- a patient today asked about the monkey on top of the fridge, and as I was introducing him, I realized that the clinic has been VERY well protected since he joined- I can't think of any falls, codes, even needing to tip a patient back when their BP drops (HUGE knock on wood). Bongo really is the protector of the clinic!

Let me know if and when you guys need a little Bongo Love...

xoxo

Post a Comment