Leaving

It feels like fall just arrived. The first pops of color on the sugar maples, the first crunch under my foot. All the vibrant colors, the crisp bite in the air, the fleece jackets, the hooded sweatshirts.

There is something special about a fall sky. Such beautiful, majestic skies.

Either from land or from air. The blue is something only seen during the fall. The shape of the clouds and the way they form.

Fall is all around me. I can feel it fading fast.
It's like it's all passing before my eyes. Before you know it winter will be here. Scarves, mittens, hot drinks, bare trees and snowflakes will abound.
Before we get there, I'm going to stop for just a moment and enjoy what remains of this glorious season.

Because before you know it the smell of burning leaves and pumpkin pies will be gone, just like this glorious barn.

We were just there a few weeks ago. Exploring, examining and enjoying. And now it's gone. Things are taken long before we want them to be. In some cases, like with this barn, things are taken when you've only just found them.
Cherish every moment, there is no telling when it will be gone.

Anonymous –   – (October 20, 2010 at 8:18 AM)  

The picture right above with Kate in the barn is so awesome. The picture coupled with your message took my breath away. You are a talented individual!

Colleen

Brandi  – (October 21, 2010 at 4:57 PM)  

Thanks Colleen! You really brightened my day. Some days I feel like I'm talking to myself. That's not a bad thing, I can use the reminders. But I would probably be a little racier if I was ;)

Post a Comment