Hello spring?

My body is confused and well, so is my brain, but that's nothing new.


First, this weekend we had daylight savings time. I'm gaining an hour but my early rising child doesn't realize that 7am is the new 6am.
Second, it's gorgeous here. Like seriously. 70 degrees, soft breeze, clear skies, going to have to force me to go inside, kind of beautiful.
Just when I'm thinking it's spring, I see this sign.


Now I'm really messed up.

How is it possible that this late in November I am able to take my child (in short sleeves none the less) and my husband that requires 72degree temps at all times out to the park?

A welcomed respite. Certainly helping to ease the funk that's been lurking around the corners.

Manging to get Scott's flu shot and haircut taking care of before hand was a small miracle.
It's not often that Scott can handle this much activity. This glorious weather provided the perfect setting to make it all possible.
It's almost like the universe knew I needed it. Like this day was just for me. A day to remind me of what I'm fighting for everyday. A reason to keep going and embrace what ever life throws at me.

A beautiful gift, much like my beautiful girl. Something so perfect, so overwhelmingly wonderful that you're almost afraid to believe it's true.

She is smart, funny, empathetic and she's healthy. She's also sassy, stubborn and independent but I won't ruin this love fest with those thoughts.
It's ok for me to take a break, kick back and just enjoy the moment.

Letting life move forward without me pushing it.

It's so easy to get bogged down. When everything is such a struggle, when my body is bruised from carrying Scott, when my soul is battered by the reality of the future. It's easy to slink into a hole and stay there.
I've been reminded that my bruises will heal, my heart will continue to love and I can move on.

Enjoying the journey for what it is. Because of it, I am who I am.

And I'm someone that hates this stupid garbage can for ruining my photo.

That's life.

Anonymous –   – (November 10, 2010 at 6:34 AM)  

You see the trash can as ruining your picture and I see symbolism. Out with the old in with the new. Kinda how you all live your lives. A bad day is replaced with a better one. A bad Dr visit is replaced with the company of all your hospital friends. Just my thoughts when I read today. Lots of luv. Sara

Colleen  – (November 10, 2010 at 8:01 AM)  

I just posted a similar pic of my toes!!! Too funny.

I am jealous of your nice weather. It's cold, rainy and dark here today in Boston.

BigDan  – (November 10, 2010 at 1:12 PM)  

I love the line... let life move forward without me pushing it.

Brandi  – (November 10, 2010 at 5:25 PM)  

Thanks guys! I needed an internet hug today and you all came thru.

@Colleen, there is something about sandals in November that makes a girl happy. Sandals in Aruba... now that is priceless. :)

Post a Comment