Happy Anniversary.

Seven years ago we stood with our 'family' and said "I do".

After just a short 13 month courtship we took the plunge.
Some people, plot, plan, and wait for the perfect moment. Scott was diagnosed with VEDS just three months after we started dating, and we knew that time would not always be on our side.

I wanted Scott to be his authentic self at our wedding. No drugs, no ailments, just the same carefree, spontaneous, find the best in everything, guy I had grown to love.

I got exactly what I wanted.
We danced, we laughed, we loved.
The two things that mattered most to me were the music and my dress. I got the band of my dreams and my dress... oh heavens, my dress!
Thank you Mom for letting me cut into your dress. Thank you Grams for not only making Mom's dress for her, but for revamping it and make it mine. Having a dress with so much of the two most important women in my life poured into meant the world to me then and now.



Our anniversary has been a trying day. We had Scott at the doctor this morning, came home with antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection. Kate has been a full on maniac since she got home from school and had the worst behavior ever when we went to get Scott's meds after nap time. There was a dead goose in my front yard from the hunters that shoot in my backyard. I got a sad goodbye from someone that I'm worried about. And the place we wanted for dinner is closed on Mondays.

Mmmmm... not so much.

But, we're here. Scott and Kate (who is almost back to normal) are playing together downstairs. I'm taking a much needed time-out. Josh and Brogan came and removed the offending goose from my front yard.
The icing on the cake has been the completely overwhelming amount of loving, caring, thoughtful notes, texts, cards, and emails from all of you. It all warms my heart.

Tomorrow will be a trip down to Rush. Time to check back in with Dr. Jacobs for what I hope to be a routine visit. Also on the docket for tomorrow is a blog post about what Scott did for me for our anniversary. It's taken a village to put together and it deserves a full post.

Whatever the future holds, I've had the past seven years and nothing can ever take that away.

missy dappen  – (November 1, 2010 at 9:10 PM)  

Happy happy happy anniversary, Scott and Brandi! May we all be so blessed with as much love as you share!

xoxoxo

Miles' mom –   – (November 1, 2010 at 9:12 PM)  

This is my first visit to your blog and my heart goes out to you and your huge extended family.
I wish I had the strength and faith that you posess. I always knew there were angels and saints walking among us here on earth. For the two of you to have found each other, to show and share what love and commitment is makes me feel so small. I am a firm believer that there is a path that we were meant to walk and the the Lord does not give us what we cannot handle. He must have great faith in you that he meant for your paths cross. I'm sure there are many blessings that are waiting for you. This has become a lesson for me to definatly live, love and cherish each and every day.
Congratulations on 7 years together!

Anonymous –   – (November 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM)  

Happy Anniversary to you guys!!!

Tiffanie

Anonymous –   – (November 2, 2010 at 2:23 PM)  

Happy Anniversary with all of our love,support and hope.Nancy and Gary

Colleen  – (November 2, 2010 at 8:31 PM)  

Happy Anniversary!!! Love reading about your "story". you continue to amaze me Brandi.

Post a Comment