An open letter to Steve Jobs

Hey Steve, (you don't mind if I call you Steve, right?)

I need some help. You and your Apple team are the fantastic inventors of the Ipod. You've done a bang up job. I can carry around massive amount of music in my purse. I've got movies loaded and ready to go to keep my 3 year old from losing her shit at the end of a long day. In general I find your Ipod creation to be a fantastic, wonderful, life changing invention.

You see, Steve, I'm a little nutty about my music. I have very vast tastes and my Ipod is loaded with everything from Brittany Spears to Credence Clearwater Revival to Tone Loc and Frank Sinatra. I couldn't possibly pick just one genre to listen to. I find I can't even listen to the radio anymore between the commercials and the deejays cutting off the beginnings and endings of all the songs, I get a little nutty if forced to travel with out my handy dandy Ipod.

I have a new invention idea for you and your minion. I need your guys (and gals) to invent an Ipod that will only play what I NEED to hear. It can't play what I think I want to hear, only what I need to hear.
Maybe some breathalyzer or finger print scan. Maybe it's a quiz that determines mood. I'm not really sure, you guys can work on that. But the Ipod Beez (like the product name? It's a version of my childhood nickname. You don't mind do you Steve-O?)

Today instead of this

and this


It would have played a little of this

or maybe this


While I love the first two songs, they wrap me up like a warm sweater. Pulling me tighter and tighter until I can't breathe anymore.
When I need to let go and chase away the funk, I need you to save me from myself and only play songs like the last two. Forcing me out of the funk, making me dance, and leave my worries behind.

Thanks for taking my idea and making it work Stevie. You're the bestest BFF (best friend forever) a girl could ask for. I can't wait until the product launch. Oh and if you could work it out so Leo DiCaprio does the ads that would be great.
I'll limit my royalties to 2% of all sales.

XOXO Stevie Baby,

The Beez

Scott  – (November 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM)  

I can so relate to this. Music is so powerful!

Sere  – (November 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM)  

I LOVE Technotronic! Blast from the past! I have this on my dance remix music list. It makes me want to get my heart rate up and do a little cardio! Well, okay, maybe not so much the cardio although my thighs could use more cardio. Awesome! I would totally buy this.

Post a Comment