Brewing

There is a storm brewing on the horizon.

It's threatening to unleash.

Crushing everything in it's path.

The thing about storms though, as quickly as they come they go.
Usually leaving behind raw, exposed, earth. The rain carries away the impurities, leaving behind an earth that is ready to heal.

As the holiday season approaches, I'm plagued with thoughts of previous holidays. Christmas's spent in the hospital or talking to the vascular surgeon hoping to buy enough time to get through until the new year.

These thoughts, warnings if you will, have their place. They need to exist to protect me, to warn me, to keep me alert. I struggle with keeping them where they belong and not allowing them to take over.


"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”
Albert Einstein


Thanks for the reminder Al.

Post a Comment