Tidbits

I'm gearing up to host turkey day festivities. I've been organizing my grocery list, recipes and getting things together so I can head out to the grocery tomorrow before all the crazies do.

Kate informed me that store bought cupcakes aren't good because they aren't made in the kitchen with love. Only the 'pupcakes' that are made in our kitchen are good because we make them with lots of love. The brownies at the grocery are fine though because apparently, the grocery adds frosting to their brownies and I do not.

The best thing you can possibly hear while your 3 year old is in the other room unsupervised is "Mom, I'm going to sweep the floor." Even better to see her get out the microfiber broom and go to town.

We had dinner at my parents house with the family. My cousin joined us along with his cousin Brian, that isn't related to me in any way. Kate and Brian have the exact same hair. I am from southern, small town, Iowa... just sayin.

BigDan and Kath are headed this way on Tuesday to give us some love and fill our freezer. Truth be told they could forget the food and it would still be a highlight of the week ahead. It will be nice to get Scott to stop crying. We have been without Kathy's homemade pesto for a couple weeks and I swear I hear Scott crying himself to sleep every night. It's sad really.

I took the picture for our Christmas card today... maybe. Stupid Chicago weather.

Scott has an important question to ask all of you tomorrow. Tune in.

To my wonderful neighbors that have brought my garbage and recycle bins up the drive for me, I love you, thank you and I'm sorry I'm such a horrible neighbor.

I'm thinking of my cousin Jeremy. He is on yet another Iraq tour of duty with the Army. I'm thankful for social media where he was able to share that Kuwait Starbucks is tasty and faster than here in the states. I know once he gets to his destination he won't have the freedoms he does in transit and I dread those moments for my aunt, uncle and his new wife.

Scott told me today that in a way he's glad he's in a wheelchair now. He no longer has to worry that he is going to fall. Always the optimist.

I really want a Happy Joes taco pizza.

For no apparent reason, I've really felt lately that I'm a pretty good mom. I've got a really good kid and while I'm not the only responsible for that, I've played a huge role. It's a really nice feeling to think that she'll be able to keep her therapy sessions to once a week when she grows up.
That has always been my goal. If she needs more than an hour a week with a shrink, then I have failed her.

Much to do this week, so much more to be thankful for. If anyone needs a home for the holiday our house is open to all of you. You're family.

BigDan  – (November 22, 2010 at 7:16 AM)  

Hey... if you don't have anything planned for Tuesday, how about a Happy Joe's taco pizza??? Sounds interesting.

Brandi  – (November 22, 2010 at 7:27 AM)  

Oh Dan, if only I could. The closest Happy Joes is in Rockford. sigh...
Although, it does travel well and the half cook option they offer works great..... hmmmm.... Let's see if I can sneak in little road trip.

Up North Amherdts!  – (November 22, 2010 at 9:54 AM)  

Checking in to send my love to Scott. And always the wonderful pictures and blog.
Love Gladie

BigDan  – (November 22, 2010 at 1:37 PM)  

NO! Don't make any extra trips... You get enough on your plate. Do you want us to bring dinner.

missy dappen  – (November 22, 2010 at 8:43 PM)  

If we have to give up Kathy and Dan for the day, I'm glad it's so they get to spend the day with you guys! You know their food is going to taste even better now that it's been made with love recognized by the state :)

Hope the holidays find you all well. May each laugh, hug, and mouthful be more wonderful than the last!

Jen –   – (November 23, 2010 at 8:15 AM)  

Happy Joe's Taco Pizza....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Post a Comment