Returned

I went away to my happy place. I was gone for 24 short hours. It rained, was muddy, sloppy, I didn't take a single photo and it was AWESOME! My happy place, always makes me.. well, happy.
A little mental maintenance, goes a long way to getting me back to my sunshiny self. Stop laughing
I'm so grateful to everyone for making it happen for me. My parents, jumped right in and stayed overnight at our house even though they had been gone from their house for three days. They made sure I came home to a happy Scott and Kate, a vacuumed house, clean dishes and even a lunch or two in the fridge for Scott. Doesn't get much better than that.
Scott, always encourages me to go away and find some peace. Secretly I think it's because he likes being spoiled by my parents. Well, that and I get bitchy, really bitchy, when the pressure gets to be too much. My leaving is almost a mental health break for him too.
And Kate, well, she barely noticed I was gone. I got big hugs when I got her up from nap time but that was quickly followed up by a "Grammie, Papa here?".

I stepped away, took a big deep healing breath, soaking up the world around me in the most amazing place ever, the place where I feel my soul was born. I got wet, I got muddy and I found that piece of me that got buried. The piece of me that doesn't think about wound care, trach maintenance, light bulb replacement, bill payment, money management, playing dolly, or being a good hostess. The piece of me that is just for me.

Feels good to be home with a little more Brandi on board.

Colleen  – (November 18, 2010 at 8:43 AM)  

Yay! Good for you! I am glad you got to do something for you.

missy dappen  – (November 18, 2010 at 8:52 PM)  

Good for you, Brandi- you deserve every little slice of you-time that you can steal! And good for Scott and Kate, getting a little "Grappie, Papa" spoiling. Kisses and hugs to you all!

missy dappen  – (November 18, 2010 at 8:53 PM)  

GraMMie. Not Grappie. Really should hit "Preview" instead of "Publish."

Post a Comment