Fellow Parents

We all know this to be true. When you need it the least your child becomes sick.
Am I right?
It's the flu the day before the birthday party. The fever when you have an important appointment and MUST have someone else with your child. The trip to the emergency room at 2am because no child seems to get hurt or seriously ill at 1030 in the morning.

My list of things that needs to get done didn't shrink much today. Kate woke up as normal. While I was getting ready, she was supposed to be eating breakfast and enjoying a program. When I hear her tearing up the stairs, I'm not surprised. I was however very surprised to hear her puke all over the upstairs hallway.
My kid has never been much a puker. I'm very, VERY lucky in that regard. Poor kid just didn't know what to do.
I get Kate cleaned up and assess the situation. No fever, she says she feels fine, she REALLY wants to go to school.

Hmmm.... why can't this just be normal? Oh because it's me. That's why.

School's out. I'm not doing that to any other parent (you're welcome). A call to Grandma and Kate is now excited about playing at Grandma and Grandpa's for a bit while I accomplish the one task that would take me from home.
Finish getting ready. Load the car. Kate still saying she's fine. Head out. Make it to the Starbucks (don't judge me) drive thru.
You know what happens next. Yep, that's right. Puke all over herself, her car seat and the car while we wait in the drive thru.

Get her cleaned up, get the coffee (I'm not stupid) and head back home. Baby girl needs her mama and baby girl is more important than anything else.

Lots of snuggles, more movies that should be allowed, a quick visit from Grandma and Grandpa (nope she's not spoiled), and nothing checked off my to-do list. At the end of the day, my baby was feeling better and so was I.
I was right where I needed to be today. Even if that means tomorrow will resemble an Olympic game of ping-pong.

Thank you all for the Disney, tips, tricks, advice, encouragement. Keep it coming. Give me a complex dressing change with live tendon and I laugh like a school girl, it's too easy.
Give me a trip to Disney World and I cry, studder, beg for my mommy and have panic attacks. Ok, not really... well, maybe a little.

Anonymous –   – (April 18, 2011 at 10:41 PM)  

glad kate is better. hope tomorrow is better for you and her both.
love yas sam

BigDan  – (April 19, 2011 at 12:59 AM)  

You have all that it takes. I love you, Kate, and Scott so deeply. In my thirtythree years of nursing I have never met anyone like you guys. Thanks so much for showing me the grace that has touched your lives so deeply. By the way... if you go to Epcot, try the French Onion Soup in the French Pavilion. It is as good as it gets.

Anonymous –   – (April 19, 2011 at 6:58 AM)  

I'm glad she is feeling better & hopefully you don't get it either!!!! She will love getting her picture taken with all the pricesses!!!

Tiffanie

Jay'me –   – (April 19, 2011 at 7:01 AM)  

I too love to the moon and back... And that is why you should take me with to ♡ DW ♡. Seriously, I'm glad K is better and I wish I had more DW knowledge. The parade will have crazily packed streets so hold your ground and get as s good spot. (Not sure how close to the castle is good enough)

Colleen  – (April 19, 2011 at 8:57 AM)  

I am glad she is better. We just got over it in our house. So not fun!

Post a Comment