Shhh... don't tell Kate


The Witt girls are headed to Disney World!
Thank you Google images for allowing me to "borrow" this picture.

I'm busy trying to get things organized. Turns out Disney trips are usually planned months if not years in advance. Disney staff is lovely but the entire program is just not quite designed for last minute planners like myself.

We've had a good weekend. It's been loaded with activities. Keeping busy, keeping happy and missing Scott. It's just what we do.

More hours to devote to giving my best girl her "Magical" 4th birthday present. While I'm doing that you all can tell me what you think wins the prize for the biggest show of overcompensation.

Me giving my girl a trip to Disney World for her birthday to overcompensate for her missing daddy.
versus
Balding, beer gutted, boring job having, late 40's man buying a Porsche to overcompensate for his broken dreams of being a stud.

You be the judge. Either way, I'm going to go bribe someone to get Kate a meal with Ariel.

Back with cupcakes (yes more), Flat Michael, baseball, puppies and a little something that is sure to make most of you cry (good cry).

Anonymous –   – (April 17, 2011 at 10:34 PM)  

umm a 4 year old birthday at disney world tops it all.... kate deserves it. you both deserve it. enjoy it..... its going to be a great happy yet sad experience for you both. im sure lots of laughs and smiles are going to happen and a few tears and the end of each day but he will be there with you both sharing every smile and laugh. i still got those poems but i still cant type them without crying so they are not on the comp yet. love you Witt girls. Hugs

samantha reese (your fav little cousin)

Anonymous –   – (April 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM)  

Say "hello" to Mickey for me.I think Disney World is a great idea.Kate is at the perfect age and you both need this.Best Wishes,Love Nancy and Gary

Jill –   – (April 18, 2011 at 10:03 AM)  

What a great 4th birthday gift. She will remember it forever as will you. When my mom died we took my 3 year old sister and 6 year old brother and they had a blast. Lots of bittersweet moments wishing my mom could have been there but it was a vacation of a lifetime for my family and one that we needed. Have a great time and take lots of pictures. Send lots of balloons to Scott in the sky from Disney.

Unknown  – (April 18, 2011 at 3:09 PM)  

Try having a meal in Akershus, which is at Epcot. Any meal of the day is good...you will meet Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White and either Jasmine or Sleeping Beauty. It's a really good restaurant too! Enjoy your trip, you girls deserve it!

Nick  – (April 18, 2011 at 3:58 PM)  

Hey! Not ALL bald, fat guys buy ridiculously expensive sport cars to compensate for the fading of our "stud dreams!" Some of us just sit in the corner and whimper.... : >

kgiff  – (April 18, 2011 at 9:02 PM)  

I think it sounds like a fabulous 4th birthday! Even if this post did make me tear up.

I hope it's a magical trip for you both!

Anonymous –   – (April 20, 2011 at 6:54 PM)  

Sounds like a wonderful magical 4th birthday present.!! Enjoy your trip!

Post a Comment