Flat Michael and other stuff

Thank you for loving me even when I'm a Debbie Downer. When I sit down to write each night (or whenever the mood strikes me) I do my best to write from my heart. Somedays that is a beautiful, snuggly, warm post and other days, more often than not lately, it's cold, raw, and painful.
Sharing my feelings and thoughts here, even when writing the letters to Scott, always makes me feel better. A purging of the soul if you will. Then to hear that there are other out there that I might be affecting, it floors me. I'm not here to tell anyone how to run their life. I'm only here to share what mine is like and what I wish I could have or should have done.
This blog has become my safe place. It's also become my way of documenting this time in Kate's life. She won't have many, if any, actual memories of Scott. It the one thing that hurts the most. When I go back and read old posts, I'm transported in time, I hope Kate can get the same benefit. I will spend my life, and hers, honoring Scott and making him as much a part of our lives as possible.

Look what I did this morning while Kate had a make up day at school.

Heehee... I love getting muddy. Today though, while Dave and I carried a 150lb bender through the mud, I made a wrong step and wouldn't you know it, my boot got stuck. It was FABULOUS. Completely covered in mud up to my knees. If I didn't have to drive back and pick up Kate from school, I probably would have just thrown myself into the mud puddle and called it a day.

So I mentioned a project I was working on for my cousins son. Michael asked me to be part of a school project. His class had just read the book Flat Stanley and they needed to make a flat version of themselves and find someone to send it to. I was the lucky one and got to have Flat Michael here with Kate and me for almost two weeks.
I had lots of lofty ambitions for Flat Michael. In the end, I put together this book and sent it to Michael to share with his classmates.





I realized my typo today when I picked up the prints. I suck. Maybe the teacher can use me as an example of why proof-reading is important.

And because it's been far to long since her beautiful face has graced this place. Miss Kate.

I see so much of Scott in her face now. The eyelashes, the tiny mouth, the uneven fullness in the top lip, the joy... it's all him.


Uncle Jim and Aunt Marlene, will you please email me. I've had some serious email issues and can't find your email address anywhere.
Anyone else can email me too, you don't even need to pretend to be Uncle Jim and Aunt Marlene.

Rolling right along with life.

BigDan  – (April 21, 2011 at 12:52 AM)  

Just plain love you and Kt. My love and prayers are with you.

Glinda  – (April 21, 2011 at 5:28 AM)  

Well, I ejoyed your post. ;) Man, it took me 3 reads to find the typo, so maybe the teacher won't notice! :) That is the most beautiful shot of Kate EVER, she is gorgeous.

Kim  – (April 21, 2011 at 8:45 PM)  

I love flat michael. And for what it is worth I think she looks very much like her daddy. Beautiful little girl!

Post a Comment