Waves

I can have a totally normal day, doing typical things. I can smile, laugh, play with Kate, work on a project, make business calls, conduct the normal pieces of life. I can stop at the end of the day and think "today was a good day".
And then wham, out of nowhere, like a giant wave, the sadness hit me. Knocking me down, dragging me through the sand and forcing water in my nose. Leaving me a bloody, soggy, breathless mess.

You would think that this wave of sadness would bother me. It doesn't. It comforts me. It reminds me of how much love there was (and is) in this house. I always said, "it doesn't matter if it's 10 minutes, 10 days or 100 years, I'm a better person because of him."
Turns out 8 years, 5 months and 22 days will sustain me.


Because he loved it...

Colleen  – (April 2, 2011 at 7:19 AM)  

What a beautiful outlook you have Brandi. thinking of you!

Nat  – (April 2, 2011 at 9:27 AM)  

I can only imagine how the different emotions come and go. Lots of hugs.

Nicole  – (April 2, 2011 at 10:05 AM)  

Thanks so much for sharing your love out here for the world. Love and hugs.

Anonymous –   – (April 2, 2011 at 5:19 PM)  

You inspire and amaze me. Such a beautiful love!

Faren  – (April 4, 2011 at 12:15 AM)  

I love reading about the love that you and Scott shared.

Post a Comment