I Want

These aren't as gorgeous as the pictures Kara took.
But they mean the world to me.

My mom took these the morning of Scott's rally day.

There are huge parts of that day that are just a blur for me. But then there are these wonderful moments that stick out in my mind like it was just a few moments ago. The laughs, the smiles, chopping up every piece of fruit in the house into teeny tiny pieces because that's what Scott wanted to eat. Teasing Scott that my hands were never going to be the same again The feel of his hands on mine as he pulled my hands to his lips and kissed them. The sounds of his voice when he promised me that everything would be alright.

I want to climb into my bed tonight and wake up on Saturday morning. I want to forget tomorrow. I want to rewind the last month and go back to this moment.

Life is filled with wants. The reality is most of what we want isn't what we really need. So tomorrow I will get up and I will focus on what I need, on what Kate needs. We'll look at pictures, we'll watch some video, we'll remember him. But then we'll go out and do something fun. We're going to do what he wanted us to do. It's the best way to honor him.

Post a Comment