Rally

The best day in over a week.

Notice Becky the cat on Scott's head. She's never very far.

Lots of visitors. Aunt Lynn, Uncle LaVerne, Aunt Mel and her wonderful friend Diane. Uncle Justin and Auntie Blue. My parents, that have opted to spend the night (thank goodness because it's 930pm and I just sent them to CVS).

Lots of laughs, plenty of food (even Scott ate some today), and more love than should be legal.

We're already heading into a tough night though. Scott is struggling and is very unsettled. Poor Junior Miss has an awful cold. Fever, drippy nose, cough and a throat that "feels like a snake". Don't ask me what that means.

In leaving to tend to those that I love, I will leave you with a very bad joke that I made up today. Those that know me, know I'm not a big dumb joke kind of girl. Further more, this joke is a little on the crass side. I figure this is a pg-13 crowd given the content (any my need to drop the f-bomb from time to time) so I think you can handle it.
Scott has a horrible time swallowing. He said "I hate that I have to work up the courage to swallow." My reply "Well, now you know what it's like to be a $25 hooker." Ba dumb bump. I'll be here all week. Tip your waitress.

Already, wishing for morning and the night has only just begun. The continued love, prayers, well wishes and thought of peace for our family wrap us in love and protect us. Thank you.

LisaW  – (March 13, 2011 at 10:01 PM)  

What a great picture! Love it. So full of happiness and love. Have a great night and a wonderful Monday.
Hugs & Love from Sigourney.

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2011 at 10:15 PM)  

T&P of course. Glad you got this picture & you got a good day :)

Sara (SPN Momtotnc)

Amber  – (March 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM)  

T&P coming your way for a good night and a GREAT day for the three of you tomorrow.
Just know that there are so many of us out there sending as much love your way as we possibly can!
I am loving this photo!

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2011 at 10:32 PM)  

I'm so glad today was good! And the joke was excellent :) Have a wonderful Monday ♥
Love, Robyn

Anonymous –   – (March 14, 2011 at 12:08 AM)  

thinking of all of yous tonight sending all our love to the three of u love aunt debbie

Jill –   – (March 14, 2011 at 9:03 AM)  

Love seeing the family picture. Keep making those memories.

Jen O.  – (March 14, 2011 at 9:43 AM)  

Thoughts and prayers with you all.

Anonymous –   – (March 14, 2011 at 9:46 AM)  

Just stopped in to say hello. Don't look now but I may have adopted you. (Yikes!)

Absolutley love today's photo! One you will cherish forever.

I love your sense of humor Brandi; jokes permitted anytime! It's good to get a laugh or two in your daily routine. :)

Maybe a kiss on Scott's hand or forehead when he has to swallow would make it less painful. It would give him something wonderful to think about instead of the pain. I don't know, just a thought. Perhaps the best excuse ever to give him kisses as often as you want. Also a way, little Katie could help ease Daddy's pain.

Your remain in my prayers. I hope today is your best day all week -- followed by 4 or 5 more just like it!

Rhonda H
Oskaloosa, IA

Anonymous –   – (March 14, 2011 at 9:51 AM)  

Brandi, I have been praying for you, Scott and Kate this morning. May you have another good day just like yesterday! May you make memories and laughter that lasts a lifetime. May you feel a peace only God can give.

Ya'll are such a beautiful family and a beautiful reminder of how to love.
Michelle
(techsan)

Kevin  – (March 14, 2011 at 10:18 AM)  

Hello Witt clan. We have all been thinking of you guys. We wish all the love and peace you can handle. Kate's so damn cute I know you are getting exactly what you need in her smile and words. You are all awesome.
Kevin

Jen and S4 –   – (March 14, 2011 at 10:20 AM)  

I'm glad you are finally coming around with your sense of humor! Was Scott laughing or in shock that you were that "witty"!

Love the picture!! Well wishes to Ms. K.T.--not fun!

Enjoy your day!

Anonymous –   – (March 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM)  

Love the picture!! I'm glad you guys had a good day & I hope you have many more.

Tiffanie

*mckenzie*  – (March 14, 2011 at 11:30 AM)  

brandi - you guys are in our thoughts and prayers daily. you are so brave and so strong. i wish there was something i could say or do that would make a difference.

you are one amazing woman.

Kim  – (March 14, 2011 at 2:06 PM)  

You know I love you and your awesome jokes!!! Yay for the fabulous day!!

Unknown  – (March 14, 2011 at 2:41 PM)  

thinking about you guys. I laughed out loud at your joke. Did Scott smile? Hope today is a good one!

Faren  – (March 14, 2011 at 6:21 PM)  

Thinking of you and your family. I thought your joke was funny! You all are in my prayers.

The McCombies  – (March 14, 2011 at 6:38 PM)  

Thinking and thinking of you and your family, Brandi. You are the definition of an inspiration. Love the photo and your excellent jokin'.

Hugs. Erin (EMTX)

Scott  – (March 14, 2011 at 7:39 PM)  

You know I love the joke. You're turning to the dark side! Love the picture. It's just fantastic. Hugs for you all. Love ya!

Little Moon Photography  – (March 14, 2011 at 8:21 PM)  

New reader here, so glad you guys had a good day. Will be thinking of you all and praying!

Post a Comment